Post by gspearson » Thu May 18, 2017 1:35 am

I have been trying to upgrade a store that is using 1.5.4 to something current without much success. What I have done is download each version since 1.5.4 and process them independently to make sure changes to the database were processed properly.

I was able to upgrade to 1.5.4 but if I try to upgrade to 1.5.4.1 I get a database error in nginx log files that tells me

"PHP message: PHP Notice: Error: Can't DROP 'option_id'; check that column/key exists<br />Error No: 1091<br />ALTER TABLE `OC_option_value_description` DROP INDEX `option_id` in /var/www/OCFireworksTestStore/www/system/database/mysql.php on line 50"

I performed a backup of the database before doing this upgrade along with a tar of the website directory. In looking at the SQL Dump before this update, I do not see an INDEX option_id listed. I then tried to skip this 1.5.4.1 and move to 1.5.5 which received the same types of error messages. I then tried to do 1.5.6 with same results.

Suggestions on where I can look to get this site to 1.5.6

Post by gspearson » Thu May 18, 2017 2:22 am

MariaDB [OverstockCentralFireworksTestStore]> show INDEX from OC_option_value_description;
+-----------------------------+------------+----------+--------------+-----------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+---------------+
| Table | Non_unique | Key_name | Seq_in_index | Column_name | Collation | Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment | Index_comment |
+-----------------------------+------------+----------+--------------+-----------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+---------------+
| OC_option_value_description | 0 | PRIMARY | 1 | option_value_id | A | NULL | NULL | NULL | | BTREE | | |
| OC_option_value_description | 0 | PRIMARY | 2 | language_id | A | 73 | NULL | NULL | | BTREE | | |

MariaDB [OverstockCentralFireworksTestStore]> show columns from oc_option_value_description;
+-----------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| option_value_id | int(11) | NO | PRI | NULL | |
| language_id | int(11) | NO | PRI | NULL | |
| option_id | int(11) | NO | | NULL | |
| name | varchar(128) | NO | | NULL | |
4 rows in set (0.01 sec)