Post by Renecek » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:38 am

Hello,

have about 7.000 orders and about 900 products. I need update opencart to the latest version because we want to change design etc so manually exporting and importing orders is not good solution.
Is there any verified way to update it without problems? We don't know any modules in new version so old modules will be deleted.

Thank you.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:19 am

The latest release at this particular time is: v2.2.0.0 . This topic should help you for the upgrade: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... de#p610301

In addition, the v2.3 beta release can also be tested as a non-live site to fit your desired features when possible: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=164930

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by carlorine11 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:13 pm

I suggest http://litextension.com/opencart-migrat ... ation.html to update opencart to opencart (supported from opencart 1.5.0). It runs automatically to transfer products and orders to opencart 2.1. Hope it helpful!

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:24 pm

carlorine11 wrote:I suggest http://litextension.com/opencart-migrat ... ation.html to update opencart to opencart (supported from opencart 1.5.0). It runs automatically to transfer products and orders to opencart 2.1. Hope it helpful!
This solution involves charges for transferring values over the same platform but different versions while the Opencart v2.3 Beta release is a free delivered solution.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:51 am

This is the only script I trust. Used it from v1.5.6.4 to v2.2 and v1.5.2.1. to v2.2 without a single issue.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=159898

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by tonerlaser » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi,

I tried an update from 1.5x to 2.2 and now I have this problem:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Could not load model total!' in /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/loader.php:169 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Loader->{closure}(Array, Array) #1 /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/proxy.php(25): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /home/toner2/public_html/catalog/controller/common/cart.php(37): Proxy->__call('getTotal', Array) #3 /home/toner2/public_html/catalog/controller/common/cart.php(37): Proxy->getTotal(Array) #4 [internal function]: ControllerCommonCart->index(Array) #5 /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/loader.php(24): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #7 /home/toner2/public_html/catalog/controller/common/header.php(129): Loader->controller('common/cart') #8 [internal function]: ControllerCommonHeader->index(Array) #9 /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #10 /home/ton in /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/loader.php on line 169
Does anybody know what should I do?

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Followed is a free solution on how to avoid seeing these error messages: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=165958 . Since v2.3.0.2 release, a new infrastructure is being used to load the extensions / modules.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Walkeralan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Version 2.3 is quite new. I think version 2.1 is not bad choice.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:15 pm

tonerlaser wrote:Hi,

I tried an update from 1.5x to 2.2 and now I have this problem:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Could not load model total!' in /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/loader.php:169 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Loader->{closure}(Array, Array) #1 /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/proxy.php(25): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /home/toner2/public_html/catalog/controller/common/cart.php(37): Proxy->__call('getTotal', Array) #3 /home/toner2/public_html/catalog/controller/common/cart.php(37): Proxy->getTotal(Array) #4 [internal function]: ControllerCommonCart->index(Array) #5 /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/loader.php(24): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #7 /home/toner2/public_html/catalog/controller/common/header.php(129): Loader->controller('common/cart') #8 [internal function]: ControllerCommonHeader->index(Array) #9 /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #10 /home/ton in /home/toner2/public_html/system/engine/loader.php on line 169
Does anybody know what should I do?
You're missing this file: Error: Could not load model total!

It seems to me that you had a module installed for 1.5.x that isn't available for 2.1 and Opencart is looking for it. Which upgrade script did you use?

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by KeyLeeAM » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Some people say that you should upgrade to opencart 1.6. After that, you can upgrade to 2.1 easier.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:24 pm

KeyLeeAM wrote:Some people say that you should upgrade to opencart 1.6. After that, you can upgrade to 2.1 easier.
Where did you find v1.6? v1.5.6.4 was the last version released before v2.x