Post by nick941741 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi, I've upgraded a clients site on a local dev machine from 1.4.8 to 1.5.6.4. Installed a new theme a few mods and the site is just how my client wants it.

Now of course I have to do it all over again to get the latest customers, orders, products etc up to date, Or do I?

Is there a way of just running the upgrade process against the existing old version and then moving the DB over to the already upgraded site without overwriting the site settings etc? Does anyone have a list of the tables I would need to exclude for this to work ?

I can't upgrade to opencart 2 yet as the theme is supported.

Regards

Nick

Post by pm-netti » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:36 pm

nick941741 wrote:Hi, I've upgraded a clients site on a local dev machine from 1.4.8 to 1.5.6.4. Installed a new theme a few mods and the site is just how my client wants it.

Now of course I have to do it all over again to get the latest customers, orders, products etc up to date, Or do I?

Is there a way of just running the upgrade process against the existing old version and then moving the DB over to the already upgraded site without overwriting the site settings etc? Does anyone have a list of the tables I would need to exclude for this to work ?

I can't upgrade to opencart 2 yet as the theme is supported.

Regards

Nick
You need change tables `address`, `customer`, `product` etc. this way:
1. DROP tables in your new database
2. IMPORT ( or COPY) tables from your old store.
3. Check columns and ADD COLUMNS to 1.5.6.4 level those tables

- - - OpenCart Upgrade Service - - -

Location - Kittilä-Finland