Post by TheMasterBrewer » Sun May 11, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm working on a new installation of 1.5.1.3 and I've copied a lot of files across from another 1.5.1.3 installation that's been working perfectly for several years. But for some reason on this new installation, when you go to the Checkout page and click the "Register" button it just hangs and does nothing. I've checked the language files, controllers and templates in both the checkout and account folders but I can't seem to identify the source of the problem. Does anyone have any ideas which file is likely to be causing it?

???
Last edited by TheMasterBrewer on Fri May 16, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by andrei.bogdan » Mon May 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Did you turn error display on? There might be a problem with the template files, wrong variables get sent and raise an AJAX error. Please post URL or other store details so we can inspect with Firebug.

Andrew.

Andrei
andrei.opencart[at]yahoo.com
Themes and Extensions

Post by TheMasterBrewer » Tue May 13, 2014 5:51 pm

andrei.bogdan wrote:Did you turn error display on? There might be a problem with the template files, wrong variables get sent and raise an AJAX error. Please post URL or other store details so we can inspect with Firebug.

Andrew.

Yep error display is on but there's no error displayed, it just hangs when I click the Register button. I'll PM you the URL (I can't use Firebug on my current version of Firefox :( )

Post by TheMasterBrewer » Thu May 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Just tested it in Firebug, the error when I click the Register button is:
TypeError: $(...).fancybox is not a function
It relates to this code in checkout/register.tpl :
/*$0*/
$('.fancybox').fancybox({
width: 560,
height: 560,
autoDimensions: false
});
//-->
Both the template and controller files for checkout/register are the exact same files that work perfectly on another OC installation that I have running so I'm a bit confused. I've also checked that all the right JS files are in place. Does anyone have any idea which file(s) I should be looking at to try and figure this out?!

Post by TheMasterBrewer » Fri May 16, 2014 12:57 am

Solved the problem, the code in the controllers and templates was actually fine - it was an issue with the wrong jquery file being called in the header template. Not sure exactly what the issue was, but I reverted the code in the header template where it calls all the JS files to the original code from the default theme and it works fine now!