Post by Gamesol » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:03 am

Hello All, I would like some advice please ...

I sell both new and used games (PS3, Xbox etc)

At current I have different categories under each console for new and pre-owned games.

The problems :

1. When a person browses through let's say the parent PS3 category , it is impossible on the category page to see if the item is new or used until they go on to the product page (I modified the model to state : condition)

2. If I have a particular game in stock both new and used, the parent ps3 category shows them both

3. The biggest problem : I have the "advanced notify module" installed which allows a buyer to request they be notified when an item is back in stock....

Because this is linked to the product id, if they request a title under the pre-owned games, they are not notified if the same title comes available in the new games cat.

Ideally , I'd like to merge the 2 child categories but then I would need the category page to show somewhere the "condition" of the game

If I have the game both new and used, it would be great of the price of the lower cost one is shown in the category and product as : from R**** , then a part where the person selects which one they want.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paid for it and NOW it's FREE !

https://t.me/pump_upp

Post by butte » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:35 am

How about showing new and used as two options for the same product? There will be buyers who want only new or only used or whatever you have at the moment. Having two product rosters, new, used, would be tedious, and by way of child categories you seem to be going there. There are several Options extensions (Extensions button top right goes to store).

Guru Member