Post by datasculpting » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:50 pm

My PayPal business account settings has "PayPal Account Optional" set to On but when doing a checkout with PayPal Express via OpenCart, the PayPal payment page only offers these 2 options:

* Pay with my PayPal account
* Create a PayPal account (And pay with your debit or credit card, or with Bill Me Later)

The 2nd option should not be requiring the customer to create a PayPal account, it should allow them to OPTIONALLY create one if they want but it should not be forced.

I searched and found this info:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7689 ... ut-account

But I'm not sure how to verify OpenCart has this option configured:
SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole in the initial SetExpressCheckout API call.

It would also be nice to know how to have LANDINGPAGE=Billing set, so that the CC form is presented as the initial option on the PayPal side.

Am I missing some configuration setting somewhere on the OpenCart side?

Post by datasculpting » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:53 pm

I applied what I found about the API to a vqmod to fix the issue.

What this mod does is:

* Enables the CC payment option on Express Checkout to not force creation of a PayPal account when supplying CC info.
* Defaults the PayPal billing page to the CC option instead of account login.

A variation of this mod also has me overriding the brand displayed (my PayPal account uses a parent corporate name that's different than the store name) but I left that part out of this mod. If you want to add that feature then just tack this onto replaced code in the vqmod file:

'BRANDNAME' => 'Your Brand Name Here',

Attachments

Use at your own discretion, this may become useless if OpenCart adds these options to the admin front-end.

Post by dtblingerie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:14 am

You're a life saver. Works perfectly. Thanks!

DTB Lingerie ~ Stop in for a look...we dare you.

Post by michalmarianek » Mon May 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Hello Datasculpting
Thanks for the XML.
Is there a way that the billing information is filled in paypal form? When a customer checks out with PP express and wants to pay with CC he is asked to fill the same billing information he had to fill during the checkout again.
Did anybody solve this.
In various eshops this usually works.
Thanks
Michal

Post by exit15 » Fri May 15, 2015 6:17 am

For some reason the XML did not work - was it for OC 2.X?
Anyway I put the code in the file itself and it works fine. Add below " 'LANDINGPAGE' => 'Login', "

Code: Select all

'LANDINGPAGE'        => 'Billing', 
			'SOLUTIONTYPE'       => 'Sole',
However, It does one thing when clicking on the shortcut button, it shows "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" below the "Login to Paypal" button. And another when you go thru the standard OC checkout process and select the "Paypal Express Checkout" option - here it will only show "Log in to Paypal" or "Create an Account". Clicking on created an account in fact allows you to just pay with your card or debit card. The whole experience is just too confusing.
--- Going back to Paypal Standard!!