Post by heatherm » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi, this seems a bit bizarre, I have no idea what I could have done.
I moved my cart from a sub-folder to the root, changed the config files, all seems well, apart from one bizarre behavior.
When I click a link, any link, it opens in a new window/tab. When I click any link in the New window/tab, it does Not open a new window/tab. Only when using Firefox. And not on my husbands computer, only on mine. But it wasn't like this before I moved it. I've reverted Firefox to standard settings, even uninstalled and reinstalled it, still the same.
Version of OpenCart? 1.5.5.1
. Clean install or upgrade? Clean
. using Paraguanas theme.
site is cinders dot co dot nz
Any help would be great, I'm flummuxed.

Post by cwswebdesign » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:02 am

What does Rewrite Base say in your .htaccess file?

What's the URL to your site?

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by heatherm » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi,

RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_sitemap [L]
RewriteRule ^googlebase.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_base [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(.*) /index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)
RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

url is cinders dot co dot nz

Thanks for replying

Post by cwswebdesign » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 pm

I just checked from here and nothing is opening in new tabs. You must have got it fixed?

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by heatherm » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:49 pm

No, still doing it on my computer - I wonder if its something local? I've reset firefox to standard, and it still does it. And no other sites do it, just mine. At least if it's not doing it for you, hopefully it won't be doing it for anyone else either.

Post by heatherm » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:51 am

Actually I have managed to re-create it on another computer, using IE. For a moment there I thought it was going to be OK, but its not. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:17 pm

All of your browser history, cache, etc has been cleared out?

DL

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by heatherm » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:17 am

Yes, cleared all browser cache etc, and also cleared cache from inside admin.

Post by grimbone » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 am

I checked your site as well and nothing popped up in a new window. All seems fine on my end.

Post by butte » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 am

Ditto, Firefox 22. It not only works, but, even worse, it's nice, actually.

Guru Member

Post by heatherm » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Aww, thanks :)
But now I don't know what to do, I tried Chrome as well, same result, new window. Wonder if I return it all to its folder, and do that shift-to-root thing again, as it didn't do it when it was inside the folder.

Post by butte » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Check your browser settings, each browser, for open url or link in new tab or new window, if window then reset to tab, if tab then something might be screwy, but the outside world is NOT seeing the problem.

Guru Member

Post by heatherm » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:13 am

Yes, but I'm getting the effect on 3 separate computers, and across 3 different browsers. So I tried what I suggested, put it back inside the folder - it doesn't do it. So I shifted it back to the root, it does it again. ???

Post by butte » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:18 am

Where that stops, leave it be. Why YOU see it and we don't is, well, curious.

Guru Member

Post by cwswebdesign » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:53 am

100% convinced that your browser has some cookie or other setting stored on it. I've gone and browsed your site with 3 browsers on my computer as well as anonymous browsers available and your site is functioning properly. Have you gone to the local library or a friends house to test this out?

DL

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by butte » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 am

He and I agree, it is NOT the website. With Firefox you can kill cache with one click, cookies with one click, and they are dead. Chrome, being a marketeers' brainstorm, is an abomination cookie-wise, it eats them, stores them, stuffs them in all of its pockets, has them in its hair and underwear, etc., and the only way to be sure they're probably gone is to uninstall the damned thing and then destroy every cookie that is possible to find. With IE you can kill cache and cookies as much as you want, some will survive tucked away here and there and everywhere. You'll need to eradicate them in (depending upon version, all or most of) /windows/tmp/ (or temp/), windows/users/, "Documents and Settings/[yourname]/local settings/" under "temporary internet files/" and "temp/" and "cookies/" -- for basic starters. If you delete them in Windows Explorer most will go away. Some will require dropping to the command prompt (C:\) in order to kill them. They are alike ordinary flies that don't play fair, you kill them dead-dead, they flip over and resume annoying you all the more than before; unless you saw them ooze stuff when you flattened them. I saw a comment a few days ago telling somebody to abandon IE and get a real browser or God would kill a kitten. There is in a particular long-prior OC file an author's comment to effect of telling God he hated IE. Give the kitten and file some thought, get a real browser.

Guru Member

Post by heatherm » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Ha haa haaa... :laugh: OK, I'm delighted to concede, it's going to be my own personal annoyance - that's good to know. And I'll stick with Firefox - I just thought I'd better see what it looks like in the other browsers, as other people actually use them!
Thanks for checking it all out for me, again, and again. :-*