Post by kailed » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 am

Hi all, I just installed 1.4 and it seems without issue but now, when I point the browser to http://myserver/opencart or http://myserver/opencart/admin, Firefox display an arror about invalid compression.
Same error with Konqueror.

Enabling zlib.compression in php.ini, no more error but garbage :(
I would keep it off...

Server info:
opensuse 11.2
php-5.3
mysql-5.1.*
apache-2.2.13

This happens only with opencart.

Please help me and sorry for my bad english.
Bye.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:46 am

I've seen this in more recent versions of OpenCart as well.

Try setting the compression to 0 in the Admin->Settings area under the "Server" tab.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by kailed » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 am

Qphoria wrote:I've seen this in more recent versions of OpenCart as well.

Try setting the compression to 0 in the Admin->Settings area under the "Server" tab.
Ehhmm.. I cannot access admin !
Do you know where this setting is stored ?
Thanks.

Post by kailed » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:52 am

ok, reaplaced 4 (default compression level) with 0, inside setting table. Now it works!

But this warining appear:
Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /srv/www/htdocs/opencart/system/startup.php on line 48

But this is another story..

Post by Qphoria » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:36 am

Yea, what seems to be happening, is when compression is enabled, php errors cause the page compression error. So if you get that error, it means a php notice is causing it. But I'm not sure why it does it. I've just been disabling compression, but its no solution.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by yeltrah » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Where did you find the "setting table" you mentioned where you changed this? I'm getting the same thing (The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.) when I try to get into the admin side. The store side works fine though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
kailed wrote:ok, reaplaced 4 (default compression level) with 0, inside setting table. Now it works!

Post by fido-x » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:17 pm

You can make the change directly in your database. Log in to your database with phpMyAdmin (or whatever administration tool you use), go to your "setting" table and find the entry titled "config_compression". The default value is "4", change this to "0".

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by web2works » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:04 am

I had the same problem when testing opencart on a local server that I have set up myself, obviously not the administrator I thought I was. But non the less changing the compression level in the settings table corrected this problem.

I would really like to figure this problem out maybe its a php extension that is not configured correctly. Does anybody know what type of compression opencart uses? I think it might be something to do with gzip, although I am not sure exactly.

thanks ben

Quality Opencart Website Design - we don't just tweak a colour or two we build a fully bespoke design for OpenCart tailored for your business and target audience.
View our latest websites at: http://www.web2works.co.uk/portfolio

Post by joshgeake » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Coming to the party 3 years late...

I think it's when there's a php warning message (e.g. unidentified index).