Post by svavrek » Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 am

So, we have a nice OpenCart store setup. Going very well. Here's our situation...
1) We sell RETAIL
2) We sell WHOLESALE

I want the sites to look similar (no problem) and have the SAME PRODUCTS (problem). I already tried to copy the files and paste them to the other directory on the server, but no luck - it just clones both and I cannot make them separate.

No problem. I am installing a second opencart on the domain that it is needed for wholesale. I do not mind changing pricing on 10,000 products but I would like to at least copy every product and the categories from the retail site to the wholesale site, since they are two separate www.whatever.com's... Any help?

Post by merry » Wed May 15, 2013 5:35 am

svavrek wrote:So, we have a nice OpenCart store setup. Going very well. Here's our situation...
1) We sell RETAIL
2) We sell WHOLESALE

I want the sites to look similar (no problem) and have the SAME PRODUCTS (problem)... Any help?
Yikes Svavrek, you are doing this a really difficult way. Why not try using an extension like this? One site - multiple customer groups. Wholesale customers log in to see wholesale pricing.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... arch=group

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas

Post by svavrek » Wed May 15, 2013 5:38 am

Thanks. Yes, I would try that but our business is that of the Aquarium type... and it's slightly more difficult, because certain products have to be sold at certain prices and not just a flat XX% off, so there will be manual editing either way... Plus, I hired some free help from a friend who can do data entry like changing prices for free :) I just need to finish getting the products done for retail and then copy over the database to the wholesale one... or pay a company like 10,000 bucks to do it :)

Post by merry » Wed May 15, 2013 5:42 am

svavrek wrote:Thanks. Yes, I would try that but our business is that of the Aquarium type... and it's slightly more difficult, because certain products have to be sold at certain prices and not just a flat XX% off, so there will be manual editing either way... Plus, I hired some free help from a friend who can do data entry like changing prices for free :) I just need to finish getting the products done for retail and then copy over the database to the wholesale one... or pay a company like 10,000 bucks to do it :)
Svavrek, if you will click that link you will see that you can specify exact prices for each price group. Click the link. :)

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas