Post by svavrek » Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 am

Hi. Just toying around with literally every cart and so far, Opencart is the best one I've found... Now, I want one simple thing to happen and am not sure how. Please keep in mind I am not a professional web developer or anything, though I do have some php and css knowledge. On my store I have the grey top menu w/ categories and such and then below that is the little picture slideshow... I like all that, but I have a LOT of product to put up and a LOT of categories... We sell fish products, basically, and have about 10,000 products to populate... Now, there isn't enough room on the top of the menu for all this so I am wondering if I can get the ENTIRE categories list to show up on the left side of the picture show... or just remove the picture show all together to display the categories.e

Post by rph » Sat May 11, 2013 10:28 am

You sure can. In Admin go to Extensions -> Modules -> Category [Edit]. Press the Add Module button and set Layout to Home, Position to Column Left, and Sort Order to 0.

You will also have to adjust the size of the slideshow by going to Extensions -> Modules -> Slideshow [Edit] and change the size for the banner set to the Home layout. A width around 780px should work but you might need to play around with different values to get it right for your theme.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska