Post by BTdavid » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi,

I am having problems configuring Google Base.

When I go to Extensions > Feeds > Google Base > Edit.. I can enter a Google Category ID ( eg 7136 ) in the first field, then click the second field and select a category, but when I click the blue plus it briefly shows loading, then refreshes for a split second, but nothing Changes on the page. It will still show 'No Results!' in the Category list above.

If I try to load the feed URL in a browser window this is what loads on the page:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><rss version="2.0" xmlns:g="http://base.google.com/ns/1.0"> <channel> <title>mySite</title> <description>mysite</description> <link>http://mysite.com/</link> </channel></rss>

I think the two things are related, but I can't figure out why the feed is empty. I can export the product list using a File Export extension and see the full list of 180 products on my site, the front end works fine, but the feed is empty.

I have an extension installed that has a template product that I can quickly add new products, and this is listed in the product list but with the product_id of -1

Could that extension be causing the feed to be empty? Or am I missing something else obvious? I really would rather not uninstall the product template extension if I could avoid it.

Thanks for any insights in advance.

David.

Post by GilesM » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Quick check - did you "download the latest Google category list by clicking here and choose taxonomy with numeric IDs in Plain Text (.txt) file. Upload via the green import button."

The Google Taxonomy field is an autocomplete field in text eg. type "gift" not 7136.

Once you have loaded these the select a taxonomy for each category ...

Let me know how you get on.

Regards.

PGM

Don't pay for simple mods
My free modules: Filter resets in admin, Add extra flat shipping, Improved Admin Product Search and Canned Messages.
My site uses (free): Modification refresh button, Additional Alert Email Fix, TLT Structured Data
My site uses (paid): Journal2, Restrict catalog by customer group