Post by deswork » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi,

I need to setup a UK only delivery option where certain postcode areas have a surcharge on the standard delivery cost. I also need to exclude some areas from delivery.

e.g. Highlands and Islands Postcodes with an order value of £0-£149.99 delivery is £7.75 + a £10.20 surchage taking the total to £17.95.
Isle of Wight need to say something like: Please contact us to confirm your delivery cost and place your order.

Is this possible either out of the box or via a module?

Thanks
Wayne

Post by Johnathan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:22 pm

You'd need an extension like Formula-Based Shipping to do this. You can then set up total-based charges with postcode rules, which will only appear for customers in those postcode areas. You can see a few examples of setups here:

http://www.getclearthinking.com/formula-based-shipping

For areas with no charges, this would cause the "no shipping methods" error message to be displayed during checkout, which you can change the text of in /catalog/language/english/checkout/checkout.php.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by deswork » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:33 pm

Thanks Johnathan,

That seems like it does what I need.

Cheers

Wayne.