Post by tomg » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Hi everyone. Only just started with OpenCart but really like how it works, apart from a couple of things.

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I have been round and round with this and can't find an answer that deals with this specifically.

I am NOT VAT registered. Based in UK and all my shipping is within the UK.

Because my items go from very small - can be posted in envelope to large parcel.

Flat rate etc. won't do it.

I need to be able to charge a different shipping charge for each individual product.

Is that possible?

Any ideas or answers gratefully appreciated - it's doing my head in!

Post by Johnathan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:17 am

This isn't possible in a default installation, but Category & Product-Based Shipping is able to charge different amounts for different products. You can choose from a variety of formulas to calculate your costs, including based on weight, total, quantity, volume, distance, and postcode. You can see a few examples of setups here:

http://www.getclearthinking.com/categor ... d-shipping

If you need live rates for some products (like UPS or Fedex) you'll need to get Ultimate Shipping, which can request rates from other shipping methods. You can then combine those live rates with formula-based rates for other products.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator