Post by kwebster83 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:48 am

Hi,

I'm new to OpenCart and am currently playing with a local version of 2.3.0.2.

What I want to do is to be able to enable two methods of shipping - UK shipping and a Worldwide service. However, I'm completely baffled by the shipping extension.

I have the "Royal Mail" shipping extension enabled for the "UK Shipping" Geo Zone and I also have "Parcelforce 48" extension enabled for "All Zones". I thought that this would have worked, with any shopper outside of the UK being forced with the "Parcelforce 48" shipping method and UK being forced with "Royal Mail".

However, what actually happens is that when I checkout as a Guest after entering a UK address, I'm presented with a "no shipping options are available" warning. Likewise, if I enter a US address or address within Europe, it has the same effect.

Unless I'm missing something, it would appear that the shipping extension doesn't really work when dealing with this type of scenario.

Thanks to anyone in advance for any suggestions.

Post by Johnathan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:36 pm

1. "All Zones" will apply everywhere, so you should see Parcelforce 48 appear for both UK and non-UK addresses.

2. If no shipping methods are appearing, then something is wrong with the setup. Try looking at these things to see if you can figure out what's going wrong:

(1) Double-check your geo zones (in System > Localisation > Geo Zones) and make sure they're actually associated with a country and zone.
(2) Try enabling another shipping method (like Flat Rate) to make sure that it's not something else you've installed that's interfering with shipping.
(3) Check that all your products have "Requires Shipping" set to "Yes" (which it sounds like you do, but just in case).
(4) Check that Royal Mail and Parcelforce have weight brackets set up for whatever your cart weight is.
(5) Check that your default weight class (set in System > Settings) is correct, and has a value of 1.0000 in System > Localisation > Weight Classes. Check your product weight classes as well.

None of that will solve the issue of Parcelforce appearing for UK addresses, so if you need that mutual exclusivity, you'll either need to set up a geo zone for all non-UK countries, or use a commercial extension that's capable of doing that. For example, if you want a shipping method where you can set up your own weight-based rates, and one that includes an "Everywhere Else" zone, you could use Weight & Volume-Based Shipping. If you need weight rules plus other rules like total or quantity, you could use Formula-Based Shipping.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by kwebster83 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:27 am

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your response.

It was the weights against the shipping extension - for example, Royal Mail 1st class, I'd removed the weight:cost ratios and left them empty. My presumption would be that the weight would be ignored.

I've now updated these ratios and it all works as expected.

Thanks for your help