Post by YarniaPDX » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:17 am

I use USPS (United States Parcel Service) as my only shipping method. This seems to work fine with domestic orders, but a customer just alerted me to the fact that when one enters an international address (e.g. to Canada), the only shipping option that displays is "in-store pickup," which is ironic because these are the customers who obviously CAN'T pick up in person.

I have checked my USPS shipping extension and everything seems to be set up correctly -- I have both First Class and Priority services checked in the "international" section of the settings, and haven't changed these settings for some time (this used to work fine, for Canadian customers to be able to check out on their own).

Any insights into what is going on here?

Thanks,

Post by Johnathan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:32 am

Canada has some issues with the current USPS extension. I believe there are some fixes detailed here, so you might try one of those:

viewtopic.php?t=145905&p=565100

If those don't work, you may need to get a commercial USPS extension that works properly. My USPS Pro extension works fine with Canada, and if you do have any issues with it, I'm always available for support. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by YarniaPDX » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:01 am

Hmm, many other international, non-Canadian customers of mine are having the same issue though, of no delivery option besides in-store pickup displaying.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or is there another free shipping extension that I could try? I believe the one I'm using is just the default one that came with my OpenCart installation but seems to have stopped working for international orders, for some reason.