Post by boredmind » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 am

Hello,

I installed a fresh copy of OC 2.3.0.2 and journal2 theme 2.75 BUT the flat rate shipping is enabled and it has a TAX class. So it have to add the taxes to the price I gave. But it doesn't. It takes the price as it is and it is not adding the Tax class percentage in the cart or in the checkout page. Anyone can help?

Location - Metamorfosi,Athens,Greece

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:55 am

To set the way taxes are applied to prices go to System->Settings->Options tab and navigate to the fourth section with the heading Taxes.

To modify the taxing settings go to System->Settings->Localisation. There you can see the links to Taxes and Geozones. The submenus in Taxes modify the taxing rules, while in Geozones you can determine to which countries and areas to apply them

In System->Settings->Localisation->Taxes->Tax Classes, you can set what type of taxes are applied to each class of products. The menu System->Settings->Localisation->Taxes->Tax Rates, gives you the opportunity to set the tax calculation rules-whether it will be a percentage of the whole price or a fixed amount and what the rates are going to be.

Location - Worldwide

Post by boredmind » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:17 am

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have done all these. The shipping was working fine in version 2.0.1.1 that I had. When I update to 2.3.0.2 does this.

Any ideas?

Location - Metamorfosi,Athens,Greece

Post by Johnathan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Are products with the same tax class showing tax when you enter a location within that tax area? If the same tax class is causing tax to be added on products, but not on shipping, then it does sound like there's a bug in 2.3. However, if you can't get tax to appear on products with that same tax class, then it's likely an issue with your tax setup (e.g. using store address instead of shipping address, or applying it to the wrong customer group).

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by mkniskanen » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:01 pm

I am a bit worried as I have the same problem. I have set up correct tax classes and forced our VAT to be applied to ALL geozones. As for shipping I have applied the VAT to my country (which will be the target anyhow).

I have given the shipping as a VAT free value (like 4.76€ for a parcel) and when I choose the "parcel" I get the correct price including VAT. The VAT for shipping is, however, missing from the VAT row of the invoice which makes the invoice and any sales reports totally useless from an accountant's point of view. The products VAT is absolutely correct, however. Only the shipping VAT is missing.

I could try to tune the code but I have very little idea where to start looking for the problem, having found very little documentation about the programming model. The shipping code is correct in the orders table so if the chain is in order OC should be able to figure out the tax rate.

Post by mkniskanen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:33 am

Okay, moved forward a bit. I have three tax classes and I have set shipping to the highest one. The report and the invoice, however have picked the wrong tax class (14% instead of 24%) which end up in miscalculation. Removing other tax classes and only leaving 24% results in the correct result. This is not a workaround, though, because my customer needs two tax classes.

It seems to me that instead of picking the correct per cent based on the tax class of the shipping the calculation picks (possibly) the first row in the tax percentages. I will investigate this a bit further.

EDIT: Okay, adding a lower percentage tax class AFTER the initial higher percentage was there the shipment tax was correct and the low tax was not force-selected. However, after having a debug view of the SQL queries I am inclined to believe that the one that deals with shipment taxes is incorrect. I did not have time to dig in deep enough and will do that later, time permitting.