Post by stclare » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 am

Does anyone know of a module that will allow certain products to be exempt from shipping? Or if it can be done in opencart 2.0 without an added module?

In our current online store (not opencart) we sell garden seeds with a flat rate $4 shipping. We also sell worm castings which are really heavy. They are setup as shipping exempt and then the shipping is just included in the price.

St. Clare Audio Still in it's newborn stage, a major work in progress..

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds Our original business, our current "bread and butter". Learned HTML, CSS, and a little PHP to develop it from scratch ourselves, having never done coding before. Then we discovered the awesomeness of Shopping Carts. :-)

Post by Cue4cheap » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:21 am

If you don't need the weight to calculate anything just remove the weight and it'll be shipped for free (so to speak).

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:06 pm

I'd also recommend using a weight-based approach like Mike suggests. Just use the built-in Weight Based Shipping, and then enter rates like this:

0.01:0, 9999:4.00

That will charge $0.00 if the cart is under 0.01, and $4.00 otherwise.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by stclare » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:38 pm

I figured out that if I mark the product that it "doesn't require shipping" and keep the flat rate for every thing else that it will do what I want it to do. I like the weight based idea though, I might try it as it might be useful for different applications.

St. Clare Audio Still in it's newborn stage, a major work in progress..

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds Our original business, our current "bread and butter". Learned HTML, CSS, and a little PHP to develop it from scratch ourselves, having never done coding before. Then we discovered the awesomeness of Shopping Carts. :-)