Post by X9DESIGN » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:11 am

Hello. I configure payment extensions on my OpenCart instalation.
I managed to set up a PayPal Express Checkout payment. Everything is work good.
But when i configure with same API cridentials a PayPal Pro account, peyments not work.
At checkout page i must fill form with debit card data. Unfortunately after trying to proceed the transaction i am receiving notification in alert window with text "This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions."

Is this mean i should register a PayPal Pro acoount which cost now 20$ per month to be able to use this payment method? I need for my customers have a possibility to pay with credit/debit cards without need to have a PayPal account.

Post by rjcalifornia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:33 am

Is this mean i should register a PayPal Pro acoount which cost now 20$ per month to be able to use this payment method?
That's correct. Only PayPal Pro users can receive payments with debit/credit card

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by DrSnake » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Paypal Standard gives the customer the screen where you can use a debit or credit card w/o a Paypal account.
Paypal Express also can, but you need to add a couple lines to the code.

Post by DrSnake » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:14 pm

To add the ability to use a Credit/Debit card w/o a Paypal account, update your php_express.php.

There are TWO arrays for SetExpressCheckout. Add 'SOLUTIONTYPE' => 'Sole'
to each one.

When the customer gets to paypal, the Button that allows using a Debit or Credit card w/o a Paypal account will be there.

Post by hebiki » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:14 pm

which p
DrSnake wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:14 pm
To add the ability to use a Credit/Debit card w/o a Paypal account, update your php_express.php.

There are TWO arrays for SetExpressCheckout. Add 'SOLUTIONTYPE' => 'Sole'
to each one.

When the customer gets to paypal, the Button that allows using a Debit or Credit card w/o a Paypal account will be there.
which php_express.php? the one in controller or model folder? please help. thanks!