Post by Boppe » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:42 pm

OC 2.3.0.2.
I use "Quick Checkout - Best One Page Checkout Solution".
I use Payson for my payments.

When confirming the order in checkout a new page with Payson is supposed to turn up, where the client will do his payment. This works for about 90% of my clients. The other 10% gets a blank page instead of the Payson page.

The Payson support doesn't know what's causing the problem.

Any of you, boys and girls, have any idea what might cause the problem or how to solve it?
Last edited by Boppe on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 pm

It's definitely not related to Quick Checkout. Maybe related to Payson payment module. But if it works 9 of 10 cases, then it's most likely something else - a connection problem, for example. If URL of that blank page is Payson's then it's THEIR problem for sure.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by Boppe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:22 am

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 pm
It's definitely not related to Quick Checkout. Maybe related to Payson payment module. But if it works 9 of 10 cases, then it's most likely something else - a connection problem, for example. If URL of that blank page is Payson's then it's THEIR problem for sure.
The URL isn't Payson. It works for about 90% of the customers. The other 10% sometimes tries 5-10 times without success.
I don't know it fails when the customers are using certain webbrowsers.

A shame if it's related to the Payson module as their support is quite useless.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:55 am

Well, you can try to enable Display Errors in store settings and next time it happens, customer might see an actual error. Or look in error log for yourself - it should contain an error message.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by Boppe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Display errors and log errors were already enabled. No error showing when customers get a blank page instead of the Payson page.

I checked the error log in system>storage>logs
I couldn't find any error corresponding to the customers failed attempts to reach the Payson page.

I looked at the missing orders and checked the missing orders from customers who contacted me telling they didn't get the Payson page.
When looking at these customers user agents there seems to be a pattern. Their user agents were:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; MAAU; rv:11.0) like Gecko

I'm not really sure what it means, but I guess it means they are using Internet Explorer.
Could it be that customers who use Internet Explorers fails to get to the Payson page?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Post by Boppe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:14 pm

I just tested to make a purchase using Internet Explorer 11. The Payson page doesn't show up.
That must mean that IE11 fails with Payson.
Why is that?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Post by Boppe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Payson support says the problem is with the extension: Quick Checkout - Best One Page Checkout Solution.
The developer of the extension says the problem is with the Payson module.

What a shitty situation.

The Payson supports says that Payson maybe works better with Ajax Quick Checkout by Dreamvention.
Great, spend USD45 more to see if it works better...

Nobody cares to share their bright ideas?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Post by Boppe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:18 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 pm
It's definitely not related to Quick Checkout.
Problem solved. Actually the problem was caused by the Quick Checkout.

I pointed out to the developer, of Quick Checkout, in what situations the extension failed and he discovered some errors in the extension which he corrected. Now it works fine. I guess there is no need for details of what he corrected as nobody seemed interested in this thread.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Post by MrPhil » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:52 pm

I wouldn't call it fair to say "nobody seemed interested in this thread." I've been following it, but did not have an answer or any suggestions for you to try, so I didn't post anything. If the extension developer wishes to release any details with their next release, they are free to do so. Anyway, thank you for pursuing this and eventually finding the answer, resulting in a better-working extension.

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed May 10, 2017 11:52 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests