Post by Xerobia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:24 pm

My company is located in a country where only the basic paypal business is available. We don't have paypal pro etc.

Recently paypal has changed the payment page layout. Before the change customers who wanted to pay with creditcard could check out as a guest, a button would mention "pay with creditcard as guest" or something in that line.
They changed that to a bleak grey colored button mentioning "create an account", there's no mention of creditcard payment and checking out as a guest is no longer possible.
The abandonment rate has increased and i frequently get complaints or questions about creditcard payment, it's unclear to my customers.

Is there a way to redirect customers directly to the pay with creditcard - create account page? Instead of the page where it asks to login or create a new account?

Preferably i would split up the paypal payment option in the checkout procedure so customers can choose.
1. Pay with paypal (redirect to paypal login page)
2. Pay with creditcard (redirect to paypal pay with creditcard and create account page)

Is something like that possible?

Thanks

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:31 pm

PayPal deliberately make it very hard for people to pay by credit card without bugging them about creating an account etc.

What about using another credit card gateway that operates in your country?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:36 pm

basic paypal business is available. We don't have paypal pro etc.
That's a big problem. Once PayPal makes a change it is not possible to bypass it. Even if you redirect to Credit Card payment, they won't be able to pay you since the service is no longer available to you. Sorry about that.

You will have to either get a PayPal Premier account or switch to another payment gateway.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by Xerobia » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:36 pm

5 weeks later i finally received a reply from paypal and my idea seems to be impossible to exploit.

Paypal suggested an alternative method.
The only thing you can do is, If you are using Express Checkout, you can also choose the first payment option selected by default in our Checkout page.
In order to prioritize an option, you need to pass through your integration the variable "LANDINGPAGE". Please, use one of the following values:

- "Billing": Non-PayPal account
- "Login": PayPal account login
How do i pass through that variable?

Thanks

Post by Chris_UK » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:36 am

You need to modify how the module behaves, assuming it is not already supporting guest checkout properly you would need to add it into the module to send the correct parameters with the request.