Post by dancarp » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:30 am

This is a successful new install of OC 2.0.1.1 with a new host and my client(70+yrs old) was using an old (2006)modified WebAsyst platform with a different host.

We know that PayPal Standard all data is performed on PayPal site. Is this true with Authorize.net as well?

Question 1. When processing via authorize.net (AIM) or (SIM), is the form presented on client server or authorize.net's server?
Question 2. If the form is presented on client server, is the data encrypted in OC to transfer to authorize.net and back through the module?

I only use PayPal on my site, so this is new to me with credit cards. My client's claim is that the data is presented on authorize.net because he can't see the data and that to me is not a good answer. No card data is stored on the client's database that I can see.

Using shared Host and shared IP. I recommended dedicated IP and SSL but my client chose not to go that route. I want to be sure that there is no redirect back to me if there are security issues in the future as a result.

Please, if question 1 & 2 can be answered specifically before recommendations it would be very much appreciated.

thank you in advance.