Post by Khal » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:15 pm

I am using the Paypal Standards module on OC 2.0.1.1 and have noticed that recently Paypal as been charging customers only for products in the cart, it does not add the shipping or discount code onto the charge. The order status is set as Pending by Opencart/Paypal in this case.

This only happens when a customer uses a discount code. When a discount code is not used on the order, then shipping fee is charged by Paypal and the order status is set to Complete.

I have searched the forum and Google, but can't find a solution to this issue... any ideas what is going on? Is there an update to the Paypal Standard module that I need to install?

Thank you for your help

Location - Teesside, UK

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:27 am

Check you coupons don't have Free Shipping set to Yes. Check your Totals and their sort orders. Check your PHP and OpenCart error logs for anything that could be related.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Khal » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I have checked all of those things and they are set correctly. The strange thing is this only occurs when the Paypal order has the status "Pending". When a Paypal order with a discount code is placed and has a "Complete" status, the total charge is correct.

Do you know why some Paypal orders are given the "Pending" status when they are placed, instead of "Complete"?

Location - Teesside, UK

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:48 pm

If the order total PayPal reports back is different to the order total in OpenCart then you will get a different order status, probably pending. You should also get an entry in your error logs. So you would expect an order where the amounts sent to PayPal are wrong to go to pending.

Check both you OpenCart and PHP error logs for related errors. Also when placing an order check your web browser's developer console for errors.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom