Post by isnet » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:09 am

We bought multi-vendor extensions from waabay. We had to buy the products and installation again because the same extensions that we bought a few years ago and never could use because of my severe illness were outdated so it was said. So we bought new multivendor extensions. When installed it appeared that we had to buy additional pieces of script to make the multi-vendor script function as was shown in the demo. All in all, I spend something like $700 and still had a partly functional multi-vendor script. We complained at waabay who told us simply to purchase additional parts of the overall multi-vendor script. We refused and complaint at PayPal who agreed with us and returned our payments. We went back to our website which appeared to be totally destroyed by waabay immediately after PayPals decision to refund us the money. We have proof of this through certain entrances in our server. We lost weeks of work and do not know if we will ever restart again with OpenCart and suppliers like that.

Post by thekrotek » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:14 am

So what's your point? Why you posted it here?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by isnet » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm

The point is that OP is affected (negatively) by people that sell bits of script that require a continuous process of buying other pieces of script to make the first piece of script functional.
Why posting it here? Sorry, I made mistake in hoping to get some help recovering my website

Post by kestas » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:08 pm

isnet wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm
The point is that OP is affected (negatively) by people that sell bits of script that require a continuous process of buying other pieces of script to make the first piece of script functional.
Why posting it here? Sorry, I made mistake in hoping to get some help recovering my website
Before you have started install something you must backup your database and whole site, in case if something goes wrong. It is more cheaper than hire something for rebuild destroyed site.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by OSWorX » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:48 pm

kestas wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:08 pm
isnet wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm
Before you have started install something you must backup your database and whole site, in case if something goes wrong. It is more cheaper than hire something for rebuild destroyed site.
What he should do and what he has (not) done, are 2 pairs of shoes!
And while it should be standard to make backups, nowhere is described todo so.
Point is, that he has bought a service/script from Gangsters!

And yes it will cost a bit to recover the shop - but is possible.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by isnet » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks you for your support, it gives me a bit more encouragement to continue. My hosting company has helped me and restored the site at least to be admin functional again. The front-end is showing nothing but this message: Multi Merchant / DropShipper Module Core 3.0 installation on domain https://domain.com/sell and/or IP address 185.xxxxx not found
I do not know how to remove this message and to get a visible home page back again

Post by cyclops12 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:36 am

If your admin is now working then you should be able to disable/remove said extension, clear all caches and your homepage should return

Expert Member

Post by isnet » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Thank you kindly for your response. I have disabled everything that could be or is related to the waabay multivendor script and removed browser caches and dns flushed cache but the home page stays showing Multi Merchant / DropShipper Module Core 3.0 installation on domain https://salesagentrep.com/sell and/or IP address 185.xxx.29.56 not found

Post by OSWorX » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Have also cleared all cache data on the server as well as the modified files by any OCMod and (hopefully not) VQMod extensions?
Beside this, have you also checked the folder system for additional .xml-files beside the standard modification.xml?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria