Post by sterikal » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:38 am

I am looking for an extension that will allow me to collect a % of each sale and donate the total amount to a charity after a set time. So that I could choose a different charity/cause each month.
I've looked through the marketplace but have not found anything so I wondered whether something could be adapted.

Cheers
Marc

Post by OSWorX » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:07 am

And why not creating a report per month and calculate the amount with your calculator (instead of creating and installing an additional module)?

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by sterikal » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:10 am

That's a good point, but I wanted to be able to show the customer how much of their sale was going to the chosen charity at the checkout. Like a 'feel good' prompt.

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:49 am

sterikal wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:10 am
That's a good point, but I wanted to be able to show the customer how much of their sale was going to the chosen charity at the checkout. Like a 'feel good' prompt.
Not an easy question nor one that we see a lot on the forum since charities of the sort are usually linked with non-for-profit organizations and not usually on Marketing perspective to inform customers neither for Business growth purposes. However, when indicating 'to the chosen charity', that would also mean you'd have a list of providers you could provide to your customers in order for them to choose electronically before the end of the checkout process? If so, do they provide APIs in order to capture the order amount? In addition, do you have an API account with each of these providers in order to maintain the SLAs on your store?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by sterikal » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:53 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping it wasn't going to be that complicated ;-)

My idea was that a each month I would choose a charity to support and give a % of each sale to that charity eg 10% to The Red Cross for March. So whenever a customer purchases something it would show at the checkout how much I was going to donate on their behalf to the Red Cross from their purchase. At the end of the month I would have a total amount which I would then pay to the Red Cross and add that info to a Fundraising page. I suppose it would work something like an affiliate scheme. Maybe that could be edited?

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:55 pm

I suppose it would work something like an affiliate scheme. Maybe that could be edited?
The affiliate scheme is a deduction that works between Business to People / Person rather than a charity while saling products and services that works between Business to Business. Granted, a charity can be offered by any people to the red cross. However, a customer would be affected with the order total amount due to a product being sold on the market. In order to maintain the SLAs between your store and your payment service provider, a list of other providers must be involved so to affect the customer's order total legally which means, even though you may have a Business account with your payment service provider while saling products online, an SLA must be established with other Business accounts for the red cross in order to deduct that total amount.

For instance, the shipping extensions provided basically from the core already shows these theories. In order for customers to obtain a shipping quote, a store owner must have an account. In this case, for a charity transaction, not having a Business account would mean that you'd be deducting a percentage from the total amount as mutual funds to your payment provider while saling a product to a customer and that would not maintain the SLAs with both parties.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by sterikal » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Thanks again.

Maybe I will have to rethink my idea :-(