Post by AT-2018 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:59 am

Hello! I am trying to upload 'Tell A Friend' free extension in OpenCart 2.0.1.1 and tried to upload it manually as instructed in the following link:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=4348

I installed it in the directory where the OpenCart is uploaded but unfortunately getting the following:

http://www.fagroupintl.com/_eden/wordpr ... ellafriend

When I try to upload it from the admin dashboard, it says - Invalid File Type. So I am expecting a guideline if there is any better way or any alternate to upload the extension correctly in the OpenCart and any solution would be highly appreciated - Thanks.

N.B: I am new to OpenCart and apologies to ask any kind of novice question - Thanks again.

Post by straightlight » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:01 am

Contact the extension developer to resolve this issue.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by cyclops12 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Looks like that extension is only compatible with 1.5 versions of oc and not 2. versions
So either, as straightlight mentioned above, ask the developer to update it.........try to update it yourself or find another extension that is compatible with your oc version

Post by AT-2018 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 am

Thanks for the replies and I really appreciate it. Now I just require a favor on this from you guyz I mean if there are any free extensions like the 'Tell A Friend' or anything that I can use to build a form in OpenCart website (Compatible with the version 2.0.1.1 and if possible, from OpenCart dashboard) and would expect an alternate solution.