Post by cmxsevenfoldxmc » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:35 am

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am running opencart 2.1.0.2, and I am working on a website for a printing company that also frames their pictures, according to the customer's needs.

I was wondering if this sort of scenario was possible:

I would like to list a few picture frames on the side or bottom panel as options on a product, and allow the user to click on one of those picture frames in order to prompt the page to show a live preview of how the frame would look like on that picture.

I would like to do this on existing products, as well as "customer uploads" where the customer uploads their own image.

Is there something out there that can already achieve this? (my search has found nothing of the sort).

I'm just trying to see if this is truly possible before I begin to create my own extension for this.

I truly appreciate any help I can get.

Best Regards :)

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:25 am

Welcome to the Opencart forum. The feature you are acquiring is available as an extension: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... h=customer upload
I'm just trying to see if this is truly possible before I begin to create my own extension for this.
This can be done by either downloading an already built extension from the extensions site or by creating your own. :)

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by cmxsevenfoldxmc » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:53 am

Thank you for your prompt response, straightlight :)

Unfortunately, I already have a customer upload extension installed.

I was actually hoping to see if there was an extension already in existence that allowed a customer to select a frame from a collection of frames shown as options, and once selected, the frame would automatically appear on the picture the customer uploads.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:55 am

cmxsevenfoldxmc wrote:Thank you for your prompt response, straightlight :)

Unfortunately, I already have a customer upload extension installed.

I was actually hoping to see if there was an extension already in existence that allowed a customer to select a frame from a collection of frames shown as options, and once selected, the frame would automatically appear on the picture the customer uploads.
Since you already have a customer upload extension installed, I would suggest to contact the developer of that extension to see if your desired feature can be implemented.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by stagosal » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:24 pm

Hace you found a solution? I am also interested in an extension like that.