Post by xsteved » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:08 pm

This issue pertains to the Live Price Options Pro extension by developer flanders.

I love this extension and have used it at my personal ecommerce site for some months. It monitors the product options, lists quantity for each option (or "out of stock") and updates the product's base price instantly depending on whether options that are selected increase or decrease the base price. It disables the Add to Cart button (putting the text Out of Stock there instead). It worked excellently in OC 1.5 last year, but there seems to be an issue with my new installation of OC 2 this year.

When all the options are out of stock, the base price of the product is listed as $NaN.N -- Here is an example screenshot, for a product that has a base price set in the OC 2 admin of $22.00--

Anyone else see this issue?

Thank you.

--- --- --- --- ---

UPDATE (March 16, 2015)

This problem is apparently the result of a conflict between two extensions, both of which I like very much, Live Price Options Pro and Sold Out Label, a new OC2 extension by developer opencartboost--

Sold Out Label (dev. opencartboost)
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=21304

I hate to choose between the two extensions, but for practical reasons at my store I need Live Price Options Pro and its functionality more than I need the Sold Out Label functionality. I sell products only by option (the base product is just a generic representation of the item, which only exists in its various options) so I really need the functionality of Live Price Options Pro, for which I'm very grateful to the developer, flanders.

Live Price Options Pro (dev. flanders)
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=11891

---

Post by plantsales » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:05 am

I am trying to get hold of the Developer flanders

I purchased extensions. Live Price Options Pro (1.5.x-2.3)
and installed it correctly
but it not working, would like some support, but can find none so far, can any one help me or how do I ask for a refund

more information can be found at
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=167625

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:10 am

You cannot get a refund, just because you are not able to make it work, as long
as it would work, in a FULLY DEFAULT Theme, and without using any other Extensions,
possibly keeping this Extension from doing it's Job.

Just compare it with a new WINDOWS, you cannot give it back, just because your PC
will not let you install it. This is Software, and noone could check, if you still keep a COPY. :D

But to be honest, last week, I tried (again) two nights long , to make one of a whole RANGE of such (free)
Mods work on my Product Page (again) ,and I gave up, simply, because I use other Extensions as well
on the product page, and it ONLY takes ONE WRONG/MISSING Anchor/Tag, and such a VqMod/OcMod
will not longer work, possibly in full.

This SECTION is one of the most difficult places for an Extension to handle in OC, because so many
different THINGS work into each other, just be aware of this Fact !

Therefore, try it, by use of your DEFAULT OC Theme, and without any other Extensions active, doing
ANYTHING on a Product Page, then, you will probably find out, that it works.
Anything else would not be included automatically, in the price, you paid.

Good Luck ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by plantsales » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Thanks Ernie

I know i am a newbie here, but

IT IS NOT RUNNING ON A TOTAL CLEAN latest default download and on FULLY DEFAULT Theme, and without using any other Extensions, UN-modified

THERE ARE NO ERRORS IN ANY OF THE LOGS

JUST not happening, is the any other mod i can try that does the same i could try, or shall I go back to Zen Cart

Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:02 am

I fully understand your feelings, and I wonder, that the Contributor actually never replies to any Comments,
made in the Extension Section. Such always makes me weary. And because of this, if you don't receive a reply,
you may better get in contact with OC, in order to get a refound.

On the other hand, it's hard to guess on anything, and since it seems to be a VqMod, doing this Job,
therefore, you should check your VQMOD/LOG/... Directory, to find out, if you have some error-message there.
I assume, that you have installed VqMod itself, as well, otherways, it would not function.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by OSWorX » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:01 am

Before further searching where the bug can be, I would add this in the index.php:

Code: Select all

error_reporting( E_ALL );
ini_set( 'error_reporting', E_ALL );
ini_set( 'display_errors', 'On' );
because many provider have disabled such output.

After adding this, I am sure you will see more on your screen.
Because not working on a fresh clean installation WITHOUT any modification makes me wonder and I am sure that this will be a php-error you should see with that lines.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by plantsales » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:56 am

Is there another mod that might work in stead

simple think really, looking for a product like a plants, where you sell them in different sizes with different prices with the lowest price plant being the product price,

I sure this must be a very common thing here

would like to find a way forward

Post by artcore » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:24 am

NaN means not a number. It's a javascript error that won't show up in the oc error logs.
If you give your site url, one might be able to track it down.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by plantsales » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:22 am

not online