Post by A2020 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

First of all, I'm new with OpenCart, so probably it's me doing something wrong. But at the same time I know about PHP and other CMS so I figure that a PHP error showing on screen is kinda a bug.

Whenever I try to create a Slideshow or a Carousel I get this errors.
Notice: Undefined index: width in F:\XAMPP\htdocs\rotoflexcore\catalog\controller\module\slideshow.php on line 12Notice: Undefined index: height in F:\XAMPP\htdocs\rotoflexcore\catalog\controller\module\slideshow.php on line 13Notice: Undefined index: banner_id in F:\XAMPP\htdocs\rotoflexcore\catalog\controller\module\slideshow.php on line 17Notice: Undefined index: limit in F:\XAMPP\htdocs\rotoflexcore\catalog\controller\module\carousel.php on line 12Notice: Undefined index: scroll in F:\XAMPP\htdocs\rotoflexcore\catalog\controller\module\carousel.php on line 13Notice: Undefined index: banner_id in F:\XAMPP\htdocs\rotoflexcore\catalog\controller\module\carousel.php on line 17
After the installation, the deafult slideshow and carousel were working perfectly.

What I did was:

Design >> Banner: And I added a banner with 7 titles (Its called Clientes and its enabled)

Then on Modules I go to Banner and add Clientes with a width of 500 and height of 120 (I have not idea if this step is needed)

On Modules also, I go to Carousel Select "Clientes" and set Limit 7 and Scroll 7 (I think here are my errors)
And very similar on Slideshow.

So I guess my problem is that I'm not selecting correct Limit or Scroll values.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Post by Scien » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:21 pm

I also encountered a very similar problem although mine appeared when I deleted one of the default/preinstalled Slideshow/Carousel.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the modules did not work but a complete fresh reinstall of Opencart does seem to bypass the problem... until I accidentally recreated the problem again.

Some help would be greatly appreciated as constantly doing a fresh reinstall of Opencartis kinda tiring.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:15 pm

I was able to reproduce the error.

To fix, go to System - Design - Layouts

Edit the layout you wish to have to module on and add it, then save

The errors should be gone.

This is the same for the Featured Products module. (possibly others too)

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by A2020 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 pm

uksitebuilder wrote:I was able to reproduce the error.

To fix, go to System - Design - Layouts

Edit the layout you wish to have to module on and add it, then save

The errors should be gone.

This is the same for the Featured Products module. (possibly others too)
Thanks a lot, that fixed it and now its working "almost" perfect :)

The problem I find now is that on the 2nd slide of the carrousel, the first image shows cut at half. I'm sure this problem is related with using a 1024x768 resolution, I'll look around to see if there is anything I can change so it doesn't do this...

That image in the circle is cut.

Post by santolla » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:20 am

Nothing worked!! Every page is full of errors. Even the default theme. I'm sick to my stomach over this upgrade. Now I have to completly redo all my theme demos from scratch!!!

This version is SUPER buggy!!!