Post by kurta » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:39 pm

I purchased this extension, very well done, nothing to say, but if you need support, forget it!
Andy2012 will respond only to lose time, in the end it never materializes, and after a few emails, it disappears!
They think that we're playing, but we're working on and their extensions we need, but we also need their support, otherwise we shall only harm.

Fortunately, people like Andy2012 are few here.

I can imagine so O0 :gamer:

Location - Italy

Post by andy2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Dear Andrea,

this is kind of funny as you keep talking of business when you shall say that you where asking custom work for FREE ;D as you where looking to integrate the newsletter module in your Wordpress site/s.

As you may imagine business means not asking free work when we give away a top notch module for just 25$ !

With many and many installation done we have all happy customers but as always there is always someone who wants to throw garbage on others work.

By the way Mr. Andrea, if you wish to uninstall our module from your site, we would be happy to give you a refund as our priority are happy customers.

Kind Regards

Newsletter Enhancements - vQmod

Post by kurta » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi Andy,
You've read my mind, because just this week I want to disinstalare your form and use another system professional, there are some problems and your relationship is not professional.
Just uninstall the module I will inform you so that you can make the repayment.
Thank you.

Location - Italy

Post by robster » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 pm

I don't want to get into pi$$ing competition here but to be honest this is by far the best newsletter system for OpenCart. There will always be one ocassion where things may go wrong but I can honestly say that this is one of the last extensions or creators that I expected to hear such a reaction about.

I have had only one situation where I needed guidance from Andy about this extension - and as it turns out it was me that was wrong. I found his support to be both immediate and helpful.

$25 and you get arsy because you do not get free support?

Fortunately, people like Andy2012 and many others exist here in OpenCart world and are appreciated for their work.

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by AntonyP » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi,

Just to add to this, I recently needed an alteration made due to using Uber Checkout and unsubscribe message did not show, the changes have been done free of charge, and professionally, so I would recommend this mod, plus is VERY easy to use and get pro looking results.

Tony ;D

Post by MTBiker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm

I must say I've only had a good experience from the icode.me staff. They are always quick to attended to issues (not that I've had many ;) ) and always listen to suggestion and often implement them in future releases ;D

Post by kurta » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

I agree that for OenCart is the best plugin, I asked you to export the application form, which with any other system of newsletters you can easily do, he replied: Want a quote? I'll give you a quote? Tell me if you want a quote ..
It takes a month to know myself to say what the fuck I spend to 10 lines of html?
Then another fundamental error is sending e-mails, if I plan to send time, I can insert them? up to 200 or 300, if you go over the marks it as spam .. and if you have thousands of registered users you want us to send you all day.

Back to my old system that I schedule mailings every 5 minutes.

Guys do not want to hurt me, but people like this have already had to do, I'm hard-headed .. I have no pity for anyone, everyone has what they deserve, they pretend not to understand and make you go to balls.
Even erased my comments in the extension, if you still say that is not true public all the screenshots.

Location - Italy

Post by robster » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:33 pm

But email limits are to do with your host/server configuration not this or any other extension. Usually VPS / dedicated servers will take any number of emails you throw at them but if you are using a restricted hosting service such as shared environment you will be limited to how many you can send. At least with this extension Andy gives you the option to 'throttle' sending of these email to get round these restrictions. Unless I am not uderstanding you.

This is, at the end of the day, an Opencart extension for use with Opencart. It does what it says it does and does it very well. If you want it to do more or want it for use with another system then it seem very reasonable to expect to have to pay for that custom work.

Swearing doesn't help!

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by kurta » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:42 pm

on Bluehost I increased the limit to 750 hourly email.
By sending blocks of 500 emails per hour is marked as spam, 1/3 users have received my newsletter, the other not.

Location - Italy

Post by Campandfish » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Not surprised that I am not the only one complaining about this module. The module has infuriated my customers and myself by sending 4 duplicates of each newsletter to each and every customer on every occassion....Talk about major spam. The developer responded once asking for admin access which was given but that was the last I ever heard from them despite sending numerous emails. A complaint to opencart didn't help much in that I never got a response or refund from this bloke. Open cart have actually appointed one of their staff to fix this nightmare MOD... If you are thinking about buying this stay well clear. This guy gives no support whatsoever. THere are better mods out there....

Post by GadgetShopOC » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:30 pm

Andy always went beyond what we have asked adding in the recent update a specific functionality we have asked.
Our gadget shop counts 75,205 items with 15,114 registered users and our offline marketing newsletter of 8,250 users. The only thing I may say it's that a great module with lots of functionality with a ridiculous price of 25$ .

Come on Kurta start reading the guide of the module, learn some English and finally you will like and understand how it works.

Post by labeshops » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Campandfish wrote:Not surprised that I am not the only one complaining about this module. The module has infuriated my customers and myself by sending 4 duplicates of each newsletter to each and every customer on every occassion....Talk about major spam. The developer responded once asking for admin access which was given but that was the last I ever heard from them despite sending numerous emails. A complaint to opencart didn't help much in that I never got a response or refund from this bloke. Open cart have actually appointed one of their staff to fix this nightmare MOD... If you are thinking about buying this stay well clear. This guy gives no support whatsoever. THere are better mods out there....
I haven't used this mod, but make sure you didn't import your customer list 4 times by mistake. I did this once with a mailing list (not in opencart) as the import didn't give me it's completed message even though it DID import it. I didn't know it and found it had put in multiple copies of each email as I attempted the import numerous times. Took me MONTHS to figure out though as it never occurred to me to actually look at the database table to see if the addresses were repeated :P

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by kurta » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 am

GadgetShopOC wrote:Andy always went beyond what we have asked adding in the recent update a specific functionality we have asked.
Our gadget shop counts 75,205 items with 15,114 registered users and our offline marketing newsletter of 8,250 users. The only thing I may say it's that a great module with lots of functionality with a ridiculous price of 25$ .

Come on Kurta start reading the guide of the module, learn some English and finally you will like and understand how it works.
I understand perfectly how it works, I'm not native English speaker, but the guide I read it several times before coming to write in the forum and in the comments of the extension. You have 75,205 objects and 15,114 registered users, I will not change my life, I sell products that reach up to € 10,000, but we are not here to do the race of those who have more products.
Andy has misbehaved with me and just leave feedback, as you see, if you read, I'm not the only one.

Location - Italy

Post by garuda » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:25 am

I've had no problems with this extension. It is a GREAT VALUE for the price. I am very satisfied and recommend it!

Post by fantastico » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 am

thank you andy and icodeme staff, this is a great addon, frequently updated and very well supported!
fanta.

Post by cozzienz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:59 am

Completely Awesome, have been meaning to get for a while now and am glad i did. So easy to use and fun creating your own templates and the finished product just represents your business well for email marketing. Well Done, 5 STAR MOD :)

Cozziemo.co.nz is getting very popular and expanding is key, as Cozziemo is very full on to manage it is now great that we do not have to waste sooo much time putting together newsletters for promos, specials, events etc... we can even schedule them to send out at a later date :)

Thank you Andy2012

Just a SAMPLE of our first news letter with V3 Enhancements below.

Attachments

20-02-2013 7-57-30 a-m-.jpg

20-02-2013 7-57-30 a-m-.jpg (590.63 KiB) Viewed 5140 times

Post by kurta » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:15 am

I bought the extension, my vote was 5 star, and it is still there ..
Make sure to read the opening post, the negative feedback is not for the extension, but for the author! :laugh:

Location - Italy

Post by robmid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:49 am

We have been using Newsletter Enhancements since it was released and send out almost 4000 emails each month in batches of 500 without any problems. The ability to display products and send out a great newsletter in a couple of minutes is astounding.
We increased our sales by a factor of four with our last Newsletter blast!
If you don't apply the throttle/chron job correctly obviously it won't work!
I'm amazed at how often tweaks were applied to the module to make sure it has kept improving.
If we were to use MailChimp we would be paying more than $50 per month and have to buy a module as well.
The products couldn't be added automatically either.
I do agree that support hasn't been good but if the updates were installed they overcame the problems we had in the early days.
Great product for a bargain price.
Stop grumbling, get technical help from your hosting company if you don't know how to set up Chron jobs and start increasing your profits.

Cheers,
Rob

Post by frisse » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:51 am

I had trouble with the installation but after a couple of e-mails the mod guys made a perfect job and installed and configure the mod in no time. I’m looking forward to start using it.

Post by wildtech » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:21 am

HI

Ive been using since V2 and have had issues resolved by the support team - may not have been overnight but they did respond and help fix things.

I have an issue with my host that only 200 emails per hour can be sent, wish it was 750!

- they even listened to my advice on how to make it a better module.

regards
Brenton