Post by jkitz » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:40 am

There are quite a few multi-vendor / multi-seller extensions. I'm looking for help to find one that meets my needs. I am using opencart 2.3

Basic use case:
Primarily vendors would be adding products which are digital books. For the few physical goods, all products are expected to be shipped from one location.

Basic requirements:
  • Vendors can register easily, but the admin can approve them.
    Vendors can create their own products, downloads, and coupons (coupons for their products only). Preferably images are added to their own folder.
    Shipping is not handled by the vendor or can be disabled off/on for specific vendors if this is an option.
    Some visible sales metrics.
    Ideally works on multi-store setup in some fashion.

Automated Payout, commission rate etc is not required, and if it exists can be disabled (it could make my business logic rather difficult.)

As I said initially there seem to be quite a few extensions of this nature available, and I am having trouble parsing through them to find one that best meets my needs. Any commentary, feedback, recommendations on this is most appreciated. Thanks.

Location - Ottawa, Canada

Post by OSWorX » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:26 pm

Guess this here should do what you want: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... dor&page=2 and https://multimerch.com/
While not the cheapest, but the best.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:57 pm

If you really need multivendor store, I'd recommend choosing another platform. OpenCart wasn't created with multivendor support in mind and Multimerch extension is too expensive.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:56 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:57 pm
If you really need multivendor store, I'd recommend choosing another platform. OpenCart wasn't created with multivendor support in mind and Multimerch extension is too expensive.
That's why MultiMerch costs a "bit" more, because it was build first on and with OpenCart 2.x
Then they deciced to build a more robust platform - still using OpenCart as base (as far as I know currently).
And "too expensive" is relative.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:22 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:56 pm
Exactly. Relative to another platform, which was built with multivendor functionality in mind. No need to pay crazy big bucks for Multimerch.

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:55 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:22 pm
OSWorX wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:56 pm
Exactly. Relative to another platform, which was built with multivendor functionality in mind. No need to pay crazy big bucks for Multimerch.
And wich exactly is this "other" platform?
I am always glad to learn more and new .. the more if the alternative is better.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:31 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:55 pm
And wich exactly is this "other" platform?
I am always glad to learn more and new .. the more if the alternative is better.
Do some research yourself, if you really want to learn. Lots of subscription based platforms for like $20-30/mo which offer multivendor functionality out of the box. I did this kind of research three years ago and I'm pretty sure more platforms were launched since than. Even in WP there's a bunch of multivendor solutions for WooCommerce, which are cheaper. OC is not the best solution for multivendor store for sure.

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:28 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:31 pm
OC is not the best solution for multivendor store for sure.
This line disqualifiers you for further discussions about this.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by jkitz » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:07 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:26 pm
Guess this here should do what you want: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... dor&page=2 and https://multimerch.com/
While not the cheapest, but the best.
Sounds like you have used it before. Appreciate the recommendation -- seems significantly cheaper to get directly from their own website, though still quite pricey.
It some ways it has a lot more than I need. Perhaps I'll reach out to their team to see if they can run through some questions with me.

Still open to others sharing specific thoughts and recommendations!

Location - Ottawa, Canada