Post by UserTitle » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:59 pm

How difficult would it be to allow a customer to purchase 9 items with a checkout like this?

Product 1: $39.99
Product 2: $29.99
Product 3: $19.99 - Free
Product 4: $17.99
Product 5: $14.99
Product 6: $12.99 - Free
Product 7: $9.99
Product 8: $7.99
Product 9: $4.99 - Free

Respected Developers: thekrotek, iSenseLabs, Dreamvention

Post by D3MO » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:38 am

YOu definetly need a custom work /extension to achieve this (i could help you for a fee) pm if interested.

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:04 am

If you don't have much products, you can try to achieve this without any custom work or extension. Simply open product for editing and define discount for 3+ quantity. Set discount value equal to product price.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by UserTitle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm

D3MO wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:38 am
YOu definetly need a custom work /extension to achieve this (i could help you for a fee) pm if interested.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm just looking to purchase a module. PM me if you ever get one off the ground, I'm actually surprised that this idea has never been addressed, as it's the most frequently used retail sale here in the states. This idea is just the tip of the iceberg though. By running an actual brick and mortar store, I have all sorts of real world ideas that aren't addressed in this marketplace at all. If you or any other English speaking coder out there would like to hookup and create a team, let me know. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to module details and I've combed the marketplace so much, I know what it's lacking. ;)
thekrotek wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:04 am
If you don't have much products, you can try to achieve this without any custom work or extension. Simply open product for editing and define discount for 3+ quantity. Set discount value equal to product price.
No no no. I tried what you suggested. I'm not talking the same item. :D We're talking 9 different items and an extension that give discounts in logical fashion, exampled above. It's gonna take some algorithm.

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:37 pm

UserTitle wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm
No no no. I tried what you suggested. I'm not talking the same item. :D We're talking 9 different items and an extension that give discounts in logical fashion, exampled above. It's gonna take some algorithm.
So you basically want EVERY THIRD product in the cart to be free?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by UserTitle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Say a customer has 3 items in their cart. One item for $10, another item for $8, and another item for $15.

Item 1: $10
Item 2: $8
Item 3: $15

The way a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" scenario works in the states would be that the cheapest item out of the 3 items becomes free. So the item for $8 is free.

Item 2: $8 - Free

But lets say the customer has 6 items in their cart. $10, $12, $15, $22, $4, $8. The customer will NOT be satisfied if they receive the $8 item and the $4 item free. They will become irritated that they have to make 2 separate purchases.

Item 2: $12
Item 4: $22
Item 5: $4
Item 6: $8

A "Smart Buy 2 Get 1 Free" module would make the $12 item and the $4 item free.

Item 2: $12 - Free ($22, $15, $12=Lowest)
Item 5: $4 - Free ($10, $8, $4=Lowest)

A "Smart Buy 2 Get 1 Free Unlimited" module would be able to calculate this formula not matter how many items are in the cart.

So youre correct in a way. The way the "backend" calculations of the module could work, would be to first sort all of the items by price, then go down the list from highest to lowest making the every 3rd item free.

FRONTEND
Item 2: $12 - Free
Item 5: $4 - Free

BACKEND
Item 2: $12 - Free
Item 5: $4 - Free

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:40 pm

I can confirm that there is not an extension that does this currently, at least that I've ever seen. Even Ultimate Fee/Discount can't do it (yet). It's on my list to add at some point, but I probably won't have time to do it for a bit. If I do get it working, I'll post in this topic to let everyone know.

Ultimate Fee/Discount *does* have Buy 2 Get 1 Free charge type, but unlikely what UserTitle is describing, for 6 items it would give the 2 cheapest free. It doesn't do it in sets of three like UserTitle is looking for. In the previous example, it would give the $4 and $8 products free, since they're the cheapest of all products in the cart.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator