Post by LawrenceG » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 pm

I get this coming up when I try to import an excel product list.
I've used the import/export template, double checked all spreadsheets ensuring all have product IDs.
I get this message.
Export/Import: Missing product_ids in worksheet 'Products'!
However, all items DO have product ID's.

I have been able to export, adjust and successfully import the existing small product database. It is when I input my bulk data that I get the error and no import. Excel does seem to want to show product ID as text, even after I have converted the product ID's to numbers. But not sure if this could be the problem, or how to fix it if it is.

My import file is attached.

Attachments

Post by LawrenceG » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:44 am

OK - no replies. Well I've sorted that problem.
It seems when I exported my product data from my accounting program, it must have introduced some invisible formatting to the product_ID field. Excel treated this as text and I could not reformat it into numericals.

I decided to save the XLSX file as a CVS file and the save as XLSX again to see if it dropped the errant formatting.
It worked, and the file uploaded successfully.

Only one issue. It doesn't display anywhere. I'll check through the forum to see if I can find an answer.
If not I'll open another subject.

If anyone reading this knows the answer, I'd appreciate the input.

Post by salairajesh » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi friend, Just go to export in Export / Import in tools tab
:ponder:

In export
1. select " Products (including product data, options, specials, discounts, rewards and attributes)"
2. Click Export
3. Now an Xlsx file containing the product details, lands into the downloads folder in your computer
4. In the Xlsx file, replace the list of products, you need to upload form the xlsx file created by you.
5. Check All the data entered in xlsx file is in text format only ( select it from format cell )
6. Save the file

In Import
7. Now import. it works fine :good:

Post by EvaP76 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:28 pm

I experience the same problem.Unfortunately the suggested solutions do not work for me.
I keep getting the 'Export/Import: Missing product_ids in worksheet 'Products'!' error

Post by Zanato » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Had the same problem after editing the .xlsx file and fixed it by selecting the whole products tab (be clicking the little box in the top left corner between A and 1) and in the 'numbers' options box in the ribbon, change from 'General' to 'Text'

Location - Dublin, Ireland

Post by wbd » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Zanato wrote:Had the same problem after editing the .xlsx file and fixed it by selecting the whole products tab (be clicking the little box in the top left corner between A and 1) and in the 'numbers' options box in the ribbon, change from 'General' to 'Text'
Had the same problem (using the Import/Export Tool for OC v2.2.0.0) and converting all cells to 'Text' in the spreadsheet prior to importing worked for me too - thanks Zanato. :good:

wbd

Location - Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:28 pm

This issue is often there because of using MS Excel instead of LibreOffice or OpenOffice Calc.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by wbd » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:41 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:This issue is often there because of using MS Excel instead of LibreOffice or OpenOffice Calc.
Sure, I understand.
I haven't quite taken the final leap off the MS train wreck yet (still finalising my escape route :laugh: ), so I'm still using some of the Office products.
This simple workaround works well and will hopefully suffice until such time as I finally kiss MS goodbye forever.
Also, thanks for a great extension JNeuhoff, much appreciated.

wbd

Location - Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:51 pm

wbd wrote: I haven't quite taken the final leap off the MS train wreck yet (still finalising my escape route :laugh: ), so I'm still using some of the Office products.
There is nothing to prevent you from using LibreOffice or OpenOffice Calc right now, even on Windows. The spreadsheets used by the Export/Import tool only contain data, nothing fancy. We haven't used MS Office for years, never missed it.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by wbd » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:57 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:There is nothing to prevent you from using LibreOffice or OpenOffice Calc right now, even on Windows.
True.
I think I'm just lazy... :-\

wbd

Location - Australia

Post by farooqfsd » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Save as OpenDocument Spreadsheet *.ods format and than import. It works.

Post by blackdesign » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:09 am

Here is the solution;

You must clean the first empty rows for this.
For example; you write 50-100 rows than you change your mind for product filters and you want to clear the cells.
Export / Import gives an error when you try to import. Because it is thinking that empty cells must have a value.

Solution --> You must to DELETE all rows if you write and cleared cells under first empty row.

I hope you will understand what I mean. I found this solution after trying everything for a 50 min and it works like a charm for me.
Just try, you will see how its work. :)

Cheers.

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Or you could just use OpenOffice or LibreOffice which does it automatically for you :)

Guru Member

Post by velmurugansocialbeat » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:02 pm

Solutions:
1. Check the entire column of product_id, some column may be empty, remove that row add the product id for the missing one.
2. End of the row, after that rows will be empty select the empty rows approximately 500 rows and delete. Some empty rows may taken when you work like add and remove data, that time empty rows will created at the end rows.

Post by hotris » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:47 pm

blackdesign wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:09 am
Here is the solution;

You must clean the first empty rows for this.
For example; you write 50-100 rows than you change your mind for product filters and you want to clear the cells.
Export / Import gives an error when you try to import. Because it is thinking that empty cells must have a value.

Solution --> You must to DELETE all rows if you write and cleared cells under first empty row.

I hope you will understand what I mean. I found this solution after trying everything for a 50 min and it works like a charm for me.
Just try, you will see how its work. :)

Cheers.
This solution works for me

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:49 pm

It's much easier to use LibreOffice Calc which does it automatically, and which doesn't have some of the other bugs of MS Excel.

Guru Member

Post by CornishWhispers » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:26 pm

I'm using Libre Office and encounter the same problem because I had delted rows from the table. This deleting the rows fix worked perfectly for me.
Thank you.