Post by vitalyk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:36 am

Hi
I am getting those errors many times after upgraded to PHP7.4,
I am not a coder, need your help, developer not replying:

Code: Select all

2021-09-25 1:06:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/DOMAIN/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_catalog_controller_product_product.php on line 194
2021-09-25 1:06:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/DOMAIN/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_catalog_controller_product_product.php on line 195
This code is responsible for the error:

Code: Select all

$data['product_info'] = $product_info;
	$data['weight'] = $this->weight->format($product_info['weight'], $product_info['weight_class_id']);
	$data['dimensions'] = $this->length->format($product_info['height'], $product_info['length_class_id']);

Thank you all for your support.

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 pm

OC version. Contact the extension developer to resolve this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vitalyk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:50 am

To: straightlight
You don't need to reply if you don't have a solution or unable to help. If you read my message its says that developer is not replying. Not trying to be rude but 2000 of your last messages on every post are the same. Forums are here to ask questions and to help each other, not to be a smart ass and send everyone to a developer that does not reply.

Post by straightlight » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:05 am

vitalyk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:50 am
To: straightlight
You don't need to reply if you don't have a solution or unable to help. If you read my message its says that developer is not replying. Not trying to be rude but 2000 of your last messages on every post are the same. Forums are here to ask questions and to help each other, not to be a smart ass and send everyone to a developer that does not reply.
You're wasting your time replying with that stuff. You're using VQMod and the error message you addressed about is right into your product/product controller file. The original product file does not contain this error message unless you're using an old version of PHP which Opencart may no longer support on anyhow. Otherwise, contact the extension developer. It has nothing to do with the core. As an alternative, you can also create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum with more detailed information than what you've shown on the first post in order to rectify this issue as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vitalyk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:28 am

straightlight, thank you for your reply.

This error started be happening after I have upgraded to a new server PHP 7.4. I just probably need to add something in order to get read of that error. I know the error is caused by VQMOD extension but everything is working fine and I am still getting an error in my admin log.

I have attached the entire file, maybe someone can help.

Attachments

Post by by mona » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:45 am

Straightlight asked you for your OC version and you did not respond. Please always include your OC version with posts.
It is definitely relevant in this issue, presuming that you have posted in the correct forum category ?

Assume you posted in OC2 correctly and in order to cut through this you need to start with the basics.
viewtopic.php?t=218948
https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 8&oe=UTF-8

.. and unfortunately the result may well be that you need to contact the developer or request commercial support, it does fall outside of the scope of free assistance. You can use the contact button on the marketplace page if the developer is not responding, but there is not unlimited support even if this was purchased on the marketplace, but it is leverage.

Maybe someone will assist, it should not be assumed, it is not what the forum actually covers, but people do, so people ask, no issue with trying, but make sure you provide all the details required making life as easy as possible to help. Starting with your OC version.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:28 am

vitalyk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:28 am
straightlight, thank you for your reply.

This error started be happening after I have upgraded to a new server PHP 7.4. I just probably need to add something in order to get read of that error. I know the error is caused by VQMOD extension but everything is working fine and I am still getting an error in my admin log.

I have attached the entire file, maybe someone can help.
The issue is the code added by the extension is using $product_info even if it is empty. To fix it you would need to edit the extension's .xml file to move that bit of code to the right place. It's only a notice so as long as you have display errors off there shouldn't be any issues except the entries in your error log when a product isn't found.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by vitalyk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:29 am

I think I am going to give up. I upgraded my Ubuntu server from 16.04 to 20.04 and also newest PHP. I get many errors. I think my shopping cart website is not compatible with new PHP. I will downgrade it back and will use 16.04 until its possible.