Post by celticgi » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:46 am

Hi - anyone know how to move the Specification Tab before the Description Tab in the product view in the default template 2.3.0.2. Lots of spec my products and this would be better.

So it would show Specification/Description/Review

instead of Description/Specification/Review.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:05 am

catalog/view/theme/YOUR_THEME/template/product/product.tpl and find

Code: Select all

<ul class="nav nav-tabs">
            <li class="active"><a href="#tab-description" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_description; ?></a></li>
            <?php if ($attribute_groups) { ?>
            <li><a href="#tab-specification" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_attribute; ?></a></li>
            <?php } ?>
            <?php if ($review_status) { ?>
            <li><a href="#tab-review" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_review; ?></a></li>
            <?php } ?>
          </ul>
And change it to

<li><a href="#tab-specification" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_attribute; ?></a></li>
            <?php } ?>
            <li class="active"><a href="#tab-description" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_description; ?></a></li>
            <?php } ?>
          </ul>

Expert Member

Post by celticgi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:18 am

Thanks cyclops. You are the man. This worked. The Specification tab is now first. The only thing is that it still "lands" on the description when you load the product page. I would like it to set on the specification tab instead. How would I do that?

Thanks again for your help. Im nearly there with the upgrade. If you are ever in Dublin let me know, Ill owe ya a few pints!

Post by cyclops12 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:19 am

You just need to change the "active li"
So it would now be

<li class="active"><a href="#tab-specification" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_attribute; ?></a></li>
            <?php } ?>
            <li><a href="#tab-description" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_description; ?></a></li>
            <?php } ?>
          </ul>
And if i pop over to dublin in the near future i'll take you up on your offer of a few pints of the black stuff :)

Expert Member

Post by Peter55 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am

Hi i try the same thing and clear cache but still the same thing. When i click on tab od "specifications" first showing me description text but when i click again to second and back to specifications button then show correct info. What seems to be a problem ? Using latest version. Thank you

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:28 am

Peter55 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am
Hi i try the same thing and clear cache but still the same thing. When i click on tab od "specifications" first showing me description text but when i click again to second and back to specifications button then show correct info. What seems to be a problem ? Using latest version. Thank you
What exact version are you using ?

Expert Member

Post by imaginaryplanet » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:47 am

i was wondering the same thing. i got the specs tab as the default tab that shows on page load. but then the page loads the specs tab is blank. but if i click on description then on specs tab. content will show. im using v. 3.0.2.0.

thank you

Post by cyclops12 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:37 am

You will need to change which tab content is active, but i have just had a look and its best to incorporate it into the IF statement otherwise if you set the Specification Tab to Active then it will not show the Description content if no specs are assigned to the product.
You could try this vqmod

Attachments

Last edited by cyclops12 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Expert Member

Post by imaginaryplanet » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:56 am

i tried this xml. and the specs tab shows as default. but its still blank unless i click desc. them specs again.

anything ideas

Post by cyclops12 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:04 pm

If you could attach your vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_YOUR_THEME_template_product_product.twig file i could check

Expert Member