Post by acidrs » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Hello,
I am using the default Opencart theme and using Opencart version 2.3.0.2. I am trying to figure out how to display a new section in the Acordian checkout process, based on if a particular product is in the cart.
Is there a way to have the check process check and see if for example product_id=34 is in the cart then display extra section in checkout, otherwise just display regular checkout.

Please let me know if any other information is needed and thanks for any help you can give.

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:57 pm

And again, what you gonna do, when multiple products added to cart? Which section do you want to display then?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by acidrs » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 pm

thekrotek wrote:And again, what you gonna do, when multiple products added to cart? Which section do you want to display then?
The check would be looking for 1 single product_id so if that product_id is found in the cart whether there is one product or several then it would display an extra section in the checkout page for users to fill out. If the check does not find that product_id then it would not display the extra section in the checkout page.
So it would not matter if there are multiple products in the cart as it would only be looking for one specific product_id to determine whether to load the extra section in the checkout page or not.

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:25 am

You sure, you won't add more products, which you want to have "special section" displayed for?

Expert Member

Post by acidrs » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:20 am

thekrotek wrote:You sure, you won't add more products, which you want to have "special section" displayed for?
For now, i want to see if it is possible with it checking just one product. Later maybe the functionality can be expanded to include multiple products or even by catagory that can be set in the admin dash. But is not an urgent requirement.

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Of course, it's possible. Everything is possible with the right amount of experience in coding. Yet you must understand, what you do and which things you have to consider. Having different products in the cart was just one of these things.

Expert Member