Post by zwartjes » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:57 am

Who can help me with the next problem.

I've changed the language from the information pages from English to Dutch.
But when I do that and I look at the information page I see at the top of the page

��/�(���WI�(�R��V/2�S����cl�=���rK2���S��K��K�Rխ��/�(���WI�(�R��V/2�S����cl�=���rK2���S��K��K�Rխ

Is ther someone who can tell me what I'm doing wrong or how I can fixe this ?

::)

Post by viethemes » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:58 pm

Could you provide your site URL, so we can take a look at the problem closer?

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others

Post by zwartjes » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:15 am

www.i4hair-producten.nl

Below in the footer there are information pages. If you link at About us, then you see at the top the problem
thank you for answering
Last edited by zwartjes on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by OSWorX » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:47 am

zwartjes wrote:http://www.i4hair-producten.nl

Below in the footer there are information pages. If you link at About us, then you see at the top the problem
thank you for answering
First of all you should fix the pages.
Currently if with www. called all icons are not displayed, without the site is okay.
Next, let me assume: you have edited one or more language files?
Or not?
In any case, I would say that you are using a language file stored with BOM.
Or do you have installed an extension?

What does the error log say?
And I guess this line will not be displayed if the display or errors will be disabled - if it is not from a wrong stored file (see above).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by zwartjes » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:31 am

I've changed the language into Dutch by a extensions. 2.101 Nederlands (Dutch)
Ther are no errors.

What i'm going to doe is a new set up from Opencart 2.0 and then see if this problem stil exist. otherwise ????

Thank you for helping until now

Post by rosaic » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:36 pm

Please i also have problem with the information pages when i update the About Us,Delivery Information,Privacy Policy,Terms & Conditions they are not showing please i need your help

Post by MartiWal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 pm

zwartjes,

I am having the same problem. How did you resolve it?

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:02 am

Just don't forget, to UPDATE your Cache Systems every time, after you changed something somewhere,
or the OcMod / VqMod Cache Content will be delievered, instead of the modified Content. So, clear out
the vqmod/vqcache/.... Subdirectory (if exist), as well as your Oc Modification Section, make a
Clear Cache on your Browser, a few times, and check again.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by MartiWal » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:43 pm

I had the same problem, but on the Payments screen. When I had just PayPal enabled, there was no problem. When I enabled Cash On Delivery as well, two things were wrong -
  • it displayed the 'bad characters' on the screen just above 'Please select the preferred payment method to use on this order'. These are the same characters that are described in the original question here for Information pages
  • instead of listing the description 'Cash On Delivery', it listed 'text_title'.
The root cause turned out that the file catalog/language/english/payment/cod.php was corrupt.
It did not appear to be corrupt initially - it behaved perfectly in my test environment and only showed up as a problem on my live environment.
When I edited this cod.php file on the live server, it looked fine. However if I viewed it instead, it displayed corrupt characters. Uploading the file again from my test environment did not resolve the problem. Instead, on the live server, I copied pp_standard.php to cod.php, edited it, and typed in the correct cod.php code.

Post by MartiWal » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:08 pm

Here's my solution to the original problem ...
I found that, on my live server, the file catalog/language/english/information/information.php contained corrupt characters. The same file was perfect on my test environment - so, uploading it to my server did not fix the problem. Instead, I reconstructed it on my live environment by copying and editing a non-corrupt file - catalog/language/english/information/contact.php