Post by stclare » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:52 am

Does anyone know how I would get wimpy player to show up on the product category page.

We are working on a new opencart website which will be in catalog mode and featuring mp3's for people to listen to online or download. We have wimpy player working on the product detail page but it will not show up in the short description on the product category page.

Product catagory page we want wimpy to show up on:
http://www.stclareaudiobox.com/old-time ... hooter-The

Details page that has wimpy on it:
http://www.stclareaudiobox.com/old-time ... on-Program
Last edited by stclare on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

St. Clare Audio Still in it's newborn stage, a major work in progress..

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds Our original business, our current "bread and butter". Learned HTML, CSS, and a little PHP to develop it from scratch ourselves, having never done coding before. Then we discovered the awesomeness of Shopping Carts. :-)

Post by pprmkr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:10 am

Line 218 of catalog/controller/product/category.php strips all html ...

Code: Select all

'description' => utf8_substr(strip_tags(html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')), 0, $this->config->get('config_product_description_length')) . '..',
Change into:

Code: Select all

'description' => html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'),
Will show complete description as on product page.

Location - Netherlands

Post by stclare » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:36 am

How would I do this without changing the core files. I'm assuming with ocmod or vqmod, but I have no idea how to set that up. Is there a website where I can go to learn this?

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds Our original business, our current "bread and butter". Learned HTML, CSS, and a little PHP to develop it from scratch ourselves, having never done coding before. Then we discovered the awesomeness of Shopping Carts. :-)

Post by stclare » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:59 am

Never Mind. Googled Vqmod, Duh!
Made my first vqmod and it worked! O0