Post by JaynDoe » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:15 am

I just started my job recently and I am having to learn how to use Opencart. One of the problems I noticed with my company's existing website is that when you enter a product number in the search feature, it does not go directly to that specific product. Sometimes it goes to a different, related item with the correct item listed below in with the other related items. Sometimes it just go to that general category. Which makes it very difficult and frustrating to try to use links to reference the items used in videos on sites like Youtube. I go back to double check the links and they are never correct. The only way that I've figured out to go directly to the item that I want, is if I put the item in my shopping cart and copy the link when they're in the cart. Please help. I've spent all day looking online at different boards but am not able to locate anyone talking about my problem. I've also read through various online books. Which taught me a good deal, but never covered my issue. Thank you in advance for any help or direction you can give me.
I'm using 2.0.3.1

Post by grgr » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:56 pm

I might be wrong and someone might know exactly what you are talking about, but I think you might need to provide a more exact description of the problems rather than just an overview or a link to the site.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Location - UK

Post by Cue4cheap » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:44 am

I would say you need to dig into that set-up. Look into what modification they have installed, that includes VQMods (if used).
It is possible that they modified the search feature as that doesn't seem like a standard way search work and the built in version of search on OC is wonky so it is likely someone would try and make it better.
Plus the theme used might alter the search function.
So a longer way of saying part of what grgr said. :)
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Post by johnp » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:41 pm

If you have SEO links or any SEO extensions added make sure they're set up correctly and all SEO keywords are unique. Also, this might be worth a try:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... _license=0

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK