Post by robster » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello all

I am currently building a replacement website for a client. Their old site uses OpenCart 1.5.3.1 and the new replacement site is being built using OpenCart 2.0.3.1. as some of the key extensions used have not been updated past this version. The current site is a fully functioning and strategic part of their business so hence why the new site is being built afresh so that nothing stops the current site from continuing to function until the new site is finished.

I have just had a commercial (paid) migration done of all data which seems to have worked ok, however the new site has taken longer to build than expected due to reinstalling a whole stack of non upgradeable extensions - so before I 'switch on' the new site I need to do a top up migration of certain data, namely new orders, some new products and customer details since the main maigration was done a few weeks ago.

The person who did the commercial migration is tied up with many other projects and doesn't have the time to help me with this which has left me in the preverbial s@*t so can anybody tell me an easy way to migrate orders and customers database data from 1.5.3.1 to 2.0.3.1 ? Can I simply copy those few relevant tables from the old databse to the new or is there more to it than that?

Many thanks

Robster

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by robster » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Any takers?

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK