Post by lrubin28 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:56 am

I am using OC 2.2.0. I use iPower.com, CPanel, php 5.3

not a developer first off...last night I was trying to add some missing images to my products and suddenly I got the "memory exhausted" message (Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15057 bytes) in ...public_html/store/system/library/url.php on line 27

I've read the posts about changing the php.ini file. I also contacted my host's support. I can only go up to 128mb max memory. I've looked at all the various files that the message points to, like this one url.php but I don't see anything obvious (and I'm not a developer). I deleted a bunch of files like images and other non-related files. After wasting a day, I'm in exactly the same place. I can get into Admin, but not just the site.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this please? And just out of curiosity, what specifically is it that uses up this memory so that I at least know where the general area is? Please don't point me to other posts - I've read them and have not been able to do anything with them. Thank you in advance

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:42 pm

lrubin28 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:56 am
I am using OC 2.2.0. I use iPower.com, CPanel, php 5.3

not a developer first off...last night I was trying to add some missing images to my products and suddenly I got the "memory exhausted" message (Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15057 bytes) in ...public_html/store/system/library/url.php on line 27

I've read the posts about changing the php.ini file. I also contacted my host's support. I can only go up to 128mb max memory. I've looked at all the various files that the message points to, like this one url.php but I don't see anything obvious (and I'm not a developer). I deleted a bunch of files like images and other non-related files. After wasting a day, I'm in exactly the same place. I can get into Admin, but not just the site.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this please? And just out of curiosity, what specifically is it that uses up this memory so that I at least know where the general area is? Please don't point me to other posts - I've read them and have not been able to do anything with them. Thank you in advance
What size images are you uploading originally? Do you have a lot of options added for these products as well? 128mb is a pretty small limit that your hosting company is restricting you to. In non technical terms, your site is trying to load more data than the servers memory is allowing you to process so it just shuts down and gives you this error message. It's similar to working on a computer and trying to load too many programs at once and the computer can't keep up with it due to a memory restriction so you just get a spinning mouse cursor.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA