Post by Yanni » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:31 pm

I have made a comparison test of three hosts for Opencart 2.0.
All installations are identical and these are the results as in the photo.
Opencart version 2.0.1.1 - Journal 2.0 theme.

http://www.leather-ruck******.com is hosted with WXHOSTING
http://www.graf**.com is hosted with HOSTGATOR on a dedicated server
http://www.graf**-origin***.com is hosted with A2HOSTING

By far the fastest with a difference is the WXHOSTING with HOSTGATOR and A2HOSTING showing equal slower speeds.
I do get an issue currently with WXHOSTING where variable values are not displaying as they should but if fixed I beliveve WXHOSTING is by far the winner.

I also tried HEART INTERNET but it had slow results.
I haven't found a comparison hosting review so far so hope this will help you in making a decision.
By the way I am not affiliated with any of the above, just looking for a reliable hosting company really that has great speed for our e-commerce needs. If not sure, try all these for a month before committing...

Attachments

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 09.22.52.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 09.22.52.png (166.4 KiB) Viewed 1623 times

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Well, according to your Pagespeed Test, 48/49 Percent Performance results means, that nothing yet has been done, to unlock the built-in OC Breaks, in the first place. And this may hinder a server, to unleash it's own power.
I would not be very happy, with anything BELOW 93/85 Percent, just to mention this ! ;)

UPDATE:

And I use no 'bought' Speed Extensions, I just have (cookie-free) Script/CSS + Image-subdomain-linking, Weismann
Web
's great Cache Category Data Mod (because I want to display product Quantities in the Menu+Cat Sections),
a well-done .htaccess file, the most efficient InnoDB Database Engine and a fully indexed DB, both 'achieved' by famous Atomix turbo.php Tool ( just a 'self execute' php file, and working on/for OC v.1.5 - 2.3!).
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 71#p580125

When testing, I had 61 VqMod's in active duty, and DB presently holds 2'992 test Poducts, sharing a total of 1812 sample Images. Just to give you an idea on the LOAD. And it's a v.1.5.6.5 also, despite of looking like a V.2 on the image! But OC-2 will do about the same, I just don't have an Auto-ProductsGenerator for OC-2, and with ~30 Products only, real tests are a fiction... :D
---
AND because of that TOP BANNER, I knowingly waste 1 Percentage Point, as you can see on the image below. :-[
--
So much to my setup, one should make sure, to have those things done, to have OC working, as it should, and could.
And the Rest, one can blame on a Hoster. Or then, on themself, because good Things do cost money !

Sorry, off topic just about, but I could not just relax, after looking at this poor result on that image ! :D

Good Luck!
Ernie
Last edited by IP_CAM on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:40 am, edited 26 times in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by ASG » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Yeah, IP_cam is correct.

I could get a 78-80 pagespeed score without even optimising the opencart install on Journal theme. It easily goes above 90, if you are caching properly, minifying the JS & CSS and using CDNs for image resources.

Caching and minification is available in journal settings itself.

48-50 score shows that the hosts must be really bad, specially when your page size is less than 2 MB. What's the time to first byte? That would show if there is latency issue in the server itself. Also, 100 HTTP requests? Try minifying the resources as mentioned earlier.

Opt for a better host to start with, with a location closest to yours/client's country. A VPS would be a best bet if you are serious. Hostgator is so 2010. Try DigitalOcean or Vultr, which offer dedicated SSD hosting, hence are even faster. DO has datacenters in North-America and one in Canada, so its worth a shot.

ASG

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi Yanni! Thanks for the feedback! As you're well aware, a lot of factors come into play like the ones IP_CAM and ASG brought and they made some great recommendations. One of those factors would be the location, it appears the test was from Canada which is where WX Hosting is located and this is just 1 factor of many at play here.

We're always interested in making sure our customers are performing at the highest level and would love to be able to ensure you're seeing the results you expect or more from our environment. Would you be open to us working with you on this to improve things?

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by theone » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:28 am

Alex - A2Hosting wrote:Hi Yanni! Thanks for the feedback! As you're well aware, a lot of factors come into play like the ones IP_CAM and ASG brought and they made some great recommendations. One of those factors would be the location, it appears the test was from Canada which is where WX Hosting is located and this is just 1 factor of many at play here.

We're always interested in making sure our customers are performing at the highest level and would love to be able to ensure you're seeing the results you expect or more from our environment. Would you be open to us working with you on this to improve things?
Hi,
im a user of another hosting just today bought your lite package to migration due to price of that host is little bit higher and also i saw opencart introduced you as an official partner. but it seems page load is too slow in your server compared to my previous host. please check the picture. if you can help please advice. im totally confused as opencart suggest you, so you must be good but same file nothing changed but performance not good.

with your package i choose Europe (Amsterdam) but got usa shared ip.
and with my other host same Europe (Amsterdam) server but got Amsterdam shared ip with basic shared package.

and both with ssd

please advice

best regards
nr

Attachments

CaptureEuro.PNG

eurovps - CaptureEuro.PNG (80.38 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

CaptureA2.PNG

a2host - CaptureA2.PNG (73.35 KiB) Viewed 1527 times