Post by exit15 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Was this all fixed with 2.3.0.2? Can we now use the out of the box upgrade process?
If so, can someone here be more specific? Which of the upgrades below should work:
Upgrade from 1.5.x >> 2.3.0.2
Upgrade from 2.0.x >> 2.3.0.2
Upgrade from 2.1.x >> 2.3.0.2
Upgrade from 2.2.x >> 2.3.0.2

Post by kombi » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:29 pm

I have had excellent luck with the OC upgrades and the built-in scripts, but I do it differently than what I have read. Here is how I do it. I know it may sound like a daunting task, but it is not in the long run.

1. I down the new OC locally
2. I download all new extension files that will work with the new OC version and prep them if needed locally.
3. I download the newest Vqmod locally.
4. I go into Cpanel/file manager then copy the prod site to a test folder
5. I backup the prod database then restore the database to a new instance. You will need to make a new database. Cpanel makes this a breeze. I use the same username and password, so you have less to change in the config file I also name the new database by adding a one to the prod name.
6. I go back to the test folder and modify the config files to match the new test location and database name and user
7. I then login to the test OC admin
8. I disable and uninstall all OCMOD and VQmod XML
9. I change the theme back to default.
10. I then go back to cpanel/ file manager to delete all the files in test folder except images
11. I then upload the new OC and unpack it
12. I then go my domain/testfolder/install/
13. I run the built-in OC patch/upgrade to change the database etc to the new version.
14. When done I go into OC admin then go to users group select top admins to make sure everything is checked then save
15. I then go into sites click on my site then save.
16. I go into Cpanel and delete the install folder
17. I upload the VQmod install it then go to sitename/vqmod/install to finish the install
18. I edit the htaccess and import my robots.txt
19. I then take a backup copy of the clean base install in case one of the extensions I am about to install tanks the OC. I have had this happen more than once. The 5 min to take the backup will save you lots of time if needed.
20. I then go back to cpanel/file manager upload the theme, install and do any configuration with in OC if needed such as applying the theme. If you are using Journal theme, go to your main site and do a config backup of just the theme and blog. Then upload it to the new location.
21. I then install the needed extensions one by one and test before moving on. Not all extensions that are marked usable on the version you are on work well all the time. The backups you make along the way will save you time.
22. Testing and backing up as you go this is a must. In Cpanel just make a folder called backup and do a copy to it. This is very easy and fast. Remember to delete the trash when done so you do not eat up disk space.
23. Once done and tested I take another backup remember to delete the old backup as you go and test.
24. Once you feel good about the new build, make a copy of your prod suite and backup and the database.
25. Then delete all files and copy the new build over to the root folder and edit the config files to match the new location.
26. Usually take me 60 – 90 min and at the end, I have a clean, usable site.

That about it, I been doing it this way for years and it has worked well. I think most of the error are because of extensions and themes.

I forgot one thing I also turn off SEO and re-able it after the upgrade script is run.

Post by oz457 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:42 am

exit15 wrote:Was this all fixed with 2.3.0.2? Can we now use the out of the box upgrade process?
If so, can someone here be more specific? Which of the upgrades below should work:
I'm using versoin 2.0.3.1. Can I use the upgrade script of 2.3.0.2? I think the answer on the above question from exit15 can be very useful for everybody.

I'm waiting for any answer to this question before going any further and checking all extenstion and mods.

Please provide some information regarding upgrading. Thanks to anybody helping on this subject.

Post by ebenjaz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi guys,
I dont know if this is the right place to post this.
I am having this error after doing an upgrade on my site and unfortunately it is live....You can check it out here please..

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Could not load model total!' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/engine/loader.php:169 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Loader->{closure}(Array, Array) #1 /home4/covenant/public_html/system/engine/proxy.php(25): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /home4/covenant/public_html/catalog/controller/common/cart.php(37): Proxy->__call('getTotal', Array) #3 /home4/covenant/public_html/catalog/controller/common/cart.php(37): Proxy->getTotal(Array) #4 [internal function]: ControllerCommonCart->index(Array) #5 /home4/covenant/public_html/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /home4/covenant/public_html/system/engine/loader.php(24): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #7 /home4/covenant/public_html/catalog/controller/common/header.php(129): Loader->controller('common/cart') #8 [internal function]: ControllerCommonHeader->index(Array) #9 /home4/covenant/public_html/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Arr in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/engine/loader.php on line 169
and also on the admin area

Code: Select all

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 70

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 78

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 70

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 78

Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_PORT - assumed 'DB_PORT' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/config/admin.php on line 13

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() expects parameter 5 to be long, string given in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

Warning: mysqli::set_charset(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 13

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 14

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php:70) in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 30

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php:70) in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php:70) in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 50

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 18

Warning: DB\MySQLi::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 20

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/covenant/public_html/IgbeIyawo/controller/startup/startup.php on line 7

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/covenant/public_html/IgbeIyawo/controller/startup/startup.php on line 7

Warning: mysqli::real_escape_string(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 45

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 18

Warning: DB\MySQLi::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 20

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/covenant/public_html/IgbeIyawo/controller/startup/startup.php on line 18

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/cart/currency.php on line 12

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/cart/currency.php on line 12

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/cart/tax.php on line 47

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/cart/tax.php on line 47

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/cart/weight.php on line 12

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/cart/weight.php on line 12

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/cart/length.php on line 12

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/cart/length.php on line 12

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/openbay.php on line 119

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/openbay.php on line 119

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 18Warning: DB\MySQLi::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 20Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/covenant/public_html/IgbeIyawo/model/extension/event.php on line 69Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/covenant/public_html/IgbeIyawo/controller/startup/event.php on line 9Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 70Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 78Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 70Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 78Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 70Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' in /home4/covenant/public_html/system/startup.php on line 78

Post by amdev » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi i made the clip hosted on youtube how to upgrade oc form 1.4 1.5 to 2.x please see my signature

ร้านค้าออนไลน์
OpenCart Thailand Support Forum
How to Upgrade oc1.5 to 2.0.1.1
Upgrading OpenCart From v.1.4 or v.1.5 to V.2.2 Step by step

Location - Bangkok - Thailand

Post by justme » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi all,

I have purchased an update from qphoria. I'm moving from 1.5.5.1 to 2.xx.

My site has a number of xml updates dating back to 2013 Almost all updates we done by me and were vqmod. http://dealo.com.au

My site is a full production OC 1.5.5.1 site running with the default theme and three or four vqmod xml updates.

Does anyone have a suggested strategy. So far I have considered 3 different strategies.

1. Remove as much VQmod stuff that I can and then ask qphoria to do his magic?

2. Remove the extensions that I do not want to be there, find updates to the wanted extensions and present the extension and the site to qphoria?

I am keeping

1. A Mailer Template
2. Google feed
3. Smart Search.

3. Alternatively get my money back and do it all myself - I'm not comfortable with this, and believe qphoria would be better at the upgrade than me?

4. Your suggestions?

Note: From above you can see the extensions I am considering keeping are below. One thing should be noted is that each extension I am keeping has added to database.

1. A Mailer Template
2. Google feed
3. Smart Search.

One last question can someone tell me is the xml file (google feed) created with the current version of opencart is functional enough to work as it is?

And I can ask the same regarding whether I need the smart search Extension and the email template.extension

Cheers

Justme

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:41 am

oz457 wrote:
exit15 wrote:Was this all fixed with 2.3.0.2? Can we now use the out of the box upgrade process?
I'm using versoin 2.0.3.1. Can I use the upgrade script of 2.3.0.2? I think the answer on the above question from exit15 can be very useful for everybody.

I'm waiting for any answer to this question before going any further and checking all extenstion and mods.

Please provide some information regarding upgrading. Thanks to anybody helping on this subject.
The script included with v2.3.0.2 works to upgrade from v1.5.x to current. Depending on how you do the upgrade, you may need to remove the old folders and files for the extensions since the structure has changed with the latest version. You'll also need to move your images over to image/catalog instead of image/data that you see in the older versions.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by snappyfish » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Will this upgrade

2.0.3.1 > 2.3.0.2

?

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:30 pm

snappyfish wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:05 pm
Will this upgrade

2.0.3.1 > 2.3.0.2

?
Yes. The folder structure has changed for extensions so make sure you do a backup of your files and database and then follow the new folder structure when uploading.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by swguy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Question for Daniel and the core team:
Why didn't you change the major number for 2.3.0.2? It just seems like given the magnitude of the changes, it would have made sense to call it 3.0.

Better Together: Buy one product, get another at a discount.
Discount Chooser: Buy a group of products, get another group at a discount.

Post by mighty9403 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:10 am

Is this the correct thread to use to upgrade my 1.5.6.4 version to a version 2. any help or pointers would be great going to attempt to upgrade.

Post by flashgraham » Mon May 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Just trying to upgrade from 2.0.3.1 to 2.1.0.1 with this result on my admin/login page.
Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 10591 bytes in D:\xampp\htdocs\opencart\system\library\user.php on line 24
Should I upgrade from 2.0.3.1 to 2.3.0.2 in one leap, without any intermediate steps?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Location - West Yorkshire

Post by straightlight » Mon May 06, 2019 9:28 pm

Using an old OC version. Yes, upgrading to v2.3.0.2 would be a solution to get rid of the unserialize and serialize function issues, in this case.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON