Post by rick1997 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:12 pm

My question is if i upgrade from opencart 2.0.0 to 2.2.0 will i lose my data? Aslo is 2.2.0 faster?

Post by Randem » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:44 am

Hi rick1997,

Don't use the default upgrade it does not work and is unpredictable (except the no working part). BTW, you should not go to v2.2.0.0 it is not production ready yet. Only go to v2.1.0.x and apply the fixes and you should have a stable system.

All the information that you need to get it working should be here - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/opencart/

That should get you going.

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by spirit » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:20 am

Randem wrote:Hi rick1997,

Don't use the default upgrade it does not work and is unpredictable (except the no working part). BTW, you should not go to v2.2.0.0 it is not production ready yet. Only go to v2.1.0.x and apply the fixes and you should have a stable system.

All the information that you need to get it working should be here - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/opencart/

That should get you going.
Hi Randem.

First, thanks to support OpenCart.

May i know why are you helping people outside the forum and for free, specially with upgrades? I'm not questioning your work, of course not, i just have curious why.

It's very confusing see different methods and guys, helping with an essential thing under my view (Qphoria, pm-netti, you, etc).

Cheers!

Post by Randem » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:41 am

It's simple - Because I can...

There are different ways to do thing. Are you suggesting only one way, with no choices?
That would be very bad way of doing things, no new ideas allowed...
Where would technology be if that were the case?

Once doctors agreed that smoking was NOT bad for your health... then this was changed because of new or different ideas...

You can choose who you want to listen or take advice from or would you rather be told you only have one choice?

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"

Post by spirit » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:52 am

Randem wrote:It's simple - Because I can...

There are different ways to do thing. Are you suggesting only one way, with no choices?
That would be very bad way of doing things, no new ideas allowed...
Where would technology be if that were the case?

Once doctors agreed that smoking was NOT bad for your health... then this was changed because of new or different ideas...

You can choose who you want to listen or take advice from or would you rather be told you only have one choice?
Well, i understand your point but this case is slightly different.
To me and i think to most of the OpenCart users, the upgrade is part of the core development. Based on this, i would like that all of you (contributors and developers working on this), will work in only one method. There is no lot of science or expectatives with an upgrade system. The result should be only one: a correct upgrade.

Cheers mate!

Post by Randem » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:21 am

Well, if the development team put together a correct upgrade there would not be a need... You really should complain to them. Again, you have a choice NOT to take advice or read the posts... It is your choice...