Post by tomi77 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:46 pm

I tried to upgrade from Version 2.0.2.0 to 2.2 to get rid off this error

Code: Select all

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

OK

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: json in <b>/home1/********/public_html/*******/*******/admin/controller/sale/order.php</b> on line <b>2490</b>
when I got when updating any order status (I didnt find any working method to get rid off this).

Now to the upgrade to 2.2...
The install upgrade page for 2.2 gives error code (it pops up small window when trying to continue the upgrade)

Code: Select all

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

OK

<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined index: customer_activity_id in <b>/home1/*******/public_html/*******/*******/install/model/upgrade/1001.php</b> on line <b>101</b><br />
{"error":"Error Code(0): Error: Unknown column 'customer_activity_id' in 'where clause'<br \/>Error No: 1054<br \/>UPDATE `oc_customer_activity` SET `data` = '{\\\"customer_id\\\":1,\\\"name\\\":\\\"Linda Fredriks\\\"}' WHERE `customer_activity_id` = '0' in \/home1\/*******\/public_html\/*******\/*******\/system\/library\/db\/mysqli.php on line 40"}

Any solution...? Thank you :)

Post by Randem » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi tomi77,

The best you can do is to upgrade to 2.1.0.x and wait for the next upgrade script to be created to get you to v2.2.0.x. I hope you are working on a test/backup system...

Upgrade details - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... n-2-1-0-1/

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=158954

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by tomi77 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Ok thank you very much Randem :) I did work on live site, but next time I do test first.

Post by Randem » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:26 am

Just finished an upgrade for v2.2.0.0 to test. You can try it if you like...

Upgrade to 2.1.0.x - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... n-2-1-0-1/
Upgrade from 2.1.0.x to 2.2.0.0 - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... 0/#msg6260

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"

Post by OSVWebMas » Thu May 26, 2016 12:53 am

I'm trying to do this now from 2.0.3.1. I've already had some issues due to theme issues and now I'm unsure if it's even worth me upgrading because of the issues I've been having.

Right now we have the Journal Theme installed on the site and it's upgraded up to 2.6.9 and I know there is going to be compatibility issues once it reaches a certain point.

Basically I want to get us going with the most current version and be able to stay on top of upgrades from here on out.

Post by Randem » Thu May 26, 2016 4:34 am

Hi OSVWebMas,

The first thing to understand is if you are going to gain anything by upgrading... If the pros outweigh the cons then upgrade, If not then don't.