Post by danguz74 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:39 am

I fixed it. Mostly theme errors.

Post by Randem » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:13 am

The only way to fix it without paying is to do the work yourself. The only way to rollback the "upgrade" is to use your backup before the "upgrade". You did do a backup yes? So much for an "upgrade" huh?

If your only problem is the theme, just remove it... http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157098

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by Burt65 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:03 pm

Randem wrote:BETA??? from what I understand this is the ALPHA version, it NEVER went to BETA, just straight to release without conferring with those who actually uses it, and make fixes for it.
Jan 22, 2016 it was alpha, March 2 Released...
Still the same mistakes in code as previous version even though the forum members have since provided fixes they still did not make it to any version...

this product has a good chance of being very good if the developers didn't operate in a bubble...
Randem, It did went from Alpha to Beta and then with around 170 new commit was released to the public.

I'm not try to argue with you on the subject, but when you are saying things like this:
this product has a good chance of being very good if the developers didn't operate in a bubble...
you are insulting everybody involved in the Opencart project around here.

There is no need for this. You can make your point and let people decide if they want to take it on board or not.

I appreciated what you are trying to convey, but you must choose your words wisely in a forum and if you have a problem with someone, use the PM. Personal public attacks are cheap!

Other than this, please by all means, continue, and thanks for helping the Opencart community.
Last edited by Burt65 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by Randem » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:31 pm

I did not state anything that isn't fact and provable and it was directed at the project in general. We ask questions about fixes and even provide them but get no official responses or do the fixes make their way into the releases. Where did you get Personal Attach from that???? Are facts not the point?

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"

Post by Burt65 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Randem wrote:I did not state anything that isn't fact and provable and it was directed at the project in general. We ask questions about fixes and even provide them but get no official responses or do the fixes make their way into the releases. Where did you get Personal Attach from that???? Are facts not the point?
if the developers didn't operate in a bubble
Do you actually have any idea of how many people are involved in the development of Opencart project?
randem.JPG

Alpha,Beta and final release - randem.JPG (64.06 KiB) Viewed 4800 times

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by Randem » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:46 pm

It does not matter how many people are involved. There is good work is indeed going on; but my statement was abut the official correction of user issues and problems. Now unless there is someplace else to go to get the fixes to issues, it would be nice to know for they aren't officially being presented here where we are...

Now was I supposed to just say only the good things and ignore the bad and that would be acceptable?

And who was I supposed to PM?

Post by Burt65 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Randem, I never argued with the contents of your post (other than the inaccuracy of the Alpha Beta released) and I know who your post is addressed to. I'm not stupid! All I'm saying is that if you have a problem of any kind with anyone, you should address it directly to the post. So if you don't like the way the released are made or you have some constructive criticism, just send a PM to the name of the person that did approved the released (look at the picture), instead of bagging the entire developer community. I have been working on forums and before that into Fidonet BBS for the past 26 years and you can trust me on this. Direct public attacks, always end in disaster.

Lets stop this here and lets have some fun... ;)

Cheers

Location - Oz

Post by Randem » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:18 pm

My post was not directed at anyone... How could you imagine that? I started this thread to help people who were having issues with OpenCart. Someone made a comment an had an issue and I addressed it FULL STOP! Please don't make this into something it was never intended to be for ANY Reason. I have no idea of who you think I was taking a shot at... I will take you advice an ask the person who released it to see if I can get a response...

I have been working on a viable upgrade script for v2.2.0.0, All I would like are some answers to help that process and if not I will continue anyway for I know it will hep someone else... That is basically all I care about at this moment 8)

Mahalo!

Post by Burt65 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:49 pm

And I honestly appreciate the time and effort you are putting here. Don't think for a second that has gone unnoticed... ;)

Location - Oz

Post by dmsims » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:22 pm

I am with Randem on this

The lack of an Upgrade path is a messy disgrace

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Randem wrote:BETA??? from what I understand this is the ALPHA version, it NEVER went to BETA, just straight to release without conferring with those who actually uses it, and make fixes for it.
Jan 22, 2016 it was alpha, March 2 Released...
Still the same mistakes in code as previous version even though the forum members have since provided fixes they still did not make it to any version...

I suggest you stoip telling peopel the wrong things!!
we went through alphas,, beta and still nobody reported any bugs until after we released!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Randem » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:28 pm

Daniel wrote:[
we went through alphas,, beta and still nobody reported any bugs until after we released!
So, no one finds it strange with no one reporting any problems in ALPHA or BETA but only in RELEASE?

Post by sculptex » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:01 pm

I think because 2.2 stopped working fully with vqmod there was a period where vqmod developers were waiting for final release before patching it to work with 2.2 so a lot of people out there were delayed from testing.

That said, I still can't understand how 2.2 was released with syntax errors in admin/customer/customer and catalog/account/address (these didn't exist in beta) and as such 2.2 is unusable by anyone without patching and should be pulled until 2.2.0.1 is released.

In my opinion what should be done now as priority (better late than never)
* Remove update script from release
* Adjust documentation to that effect of above
* Make all database updates incremental from a base point. 2.0 would be ideal for this but if not then at least start with 2.2. So database upgrade script would basically be same as install script (on top of base point).

ImageImage

Location - UK

Post by Randem » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:21 pm

I have just posted the first test scripts for upgrading from v2.1.0.x to v2.2.0.0 for anyone who wants to test them. Please let me know if there is anything that I missed or there is something that should be added. If you are upgrading from any other version below v2.1.0.x, upgrade to v2.1.0.x first then upgrade to v2.2.0.0. the scripts haven't been tested with any other version besides v2.1.0.x

Upgrade to 2.1.0.x - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... n-2-1-0-1/
Upgrade from 2.1.0.x to 2.2.0.0 - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... 0/#msg6260

Now this upgrade script does not fix the syntax error that are in v2.2.0.0, that is for a later day... 8)

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=159399

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:26 am

I've committed by upgrade changes and made a pull request here
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/4103/files

I've tested from 1.5.3 to 2.2.0.0
and everywhere in between. Even re-running the upgrade process multiple times.
I've also added my code to convert from 1.5.x core module positions to 2.x format
If anyone would like to test please do

Do NOT use for 1.4.x - 1.5.2 as it doesn't have code for things like the product options change or the config changes
Instead use the BETA upgrade script I made a few years ago (search BETA UPGRADE)

Administrator

Post by labeshops » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:55 am

Qphoria wrote:I've committed by upgrade changes and made a pull request here

I've tested from 1.5.0 to 2.2.0.0
I've also added my code to convert from 1.5.x core module positions to 2.x format
Hey Q. I want to try your script, but github totally baffles me. Where are the files to download? I need to upgrade from 1.5.6.4 to 2.2.0.0

Thanks

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:58 pm

labeshops wrote:

Hey Q. I want to try your script, but github totally baffles me. Where are the files to download? I need to upgrade from 1.5.6.4 to 2.2.0.0

Thanks
I've attached the upgrade files.
Just unzip and upload the normal opencart 2.2.0.0 zip package
Then unzip my files and overwrite the 7 files in install/model/upgrade
Then run the upgrade script and it "should" work.
Be sure to follow the instructions after upgrade about user group permissions

Attachments

Administrator

Post by N1kko » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Not working for me, shows Patch 1000 has been applied (1 of 8) and just sits there then pops up with
error undefined

Post by labeshops » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:58 pm

Qphoria wrote:
labeshops wrote:

Thanks
I've attached the upgrade files.
Just unzip and upload the normal opencart 2.2.0.0 zip package
Then unzip my files and overwrite the 7 files in install/model/upgrade
Then run the upgrade script and it "should" work.
Be sure to follow the instructions after upgrade about user group permissions
Thanks! I'll give it a try on a copy of my live stores and database when I'm more awake :)

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:18 pm

N1kko wrote:Not working for me, shows Patch 1000 has been applied (1 of 8) and just sits there then pops up with
error undefined
what version were you coming from?
I just tried my changes on 2 more stores (one was 2.0.3.0, one was 1.5.6.4) and it worked flawlessly. Or were you referring to Randem's changes?

Administrator