Post by raybark » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:45 am

Is that a full upgrade requiring the upgrade script, or is it sufficient to just overwrite the current files?

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:14 am

raybark wrote:Is that a full upgrade requiring the upgrade script, or is it sufficient to just overwrite the current files?
There are new database tables that won't work properly with the upgrade script. You'd need to upload the new files and manually check the tables in the upgrade.sql file vs. what you already have in your database. I think v2.2 will finally address the upgrade script. It's in beta now.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by Randem » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:16 am

Hi raybark,

What you need to know about upgrades - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... 9/#msg6199

More helpful Information

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by exit15 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:37 am

DANIEL --- When will all the good fixes "Randem" has in his post, be incorporated into the official version? Its been months in the making and as a result only a few made 2.x to 2.x upgrades. What is the point of releasing new versions if they are designed only for fresh install? Just in case you need financial motivation is needed, I, for one, have been holding off on purchasing market place extension until this issue is resolved. Please make the next version the one that will bring all the 2.0.x out there up to speed. Thanks. X15