Post by hpmon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:38 am

Long story short, tried to upgrade to 2.1, didn't go well, so deleted everything and copied old files back. Now, I get this error:
Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 39 bytes in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/index.php on line 58

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5 bytes in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/index.php on line 58

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5 bytes in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/index.php on line 58

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/index.php:58) in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/system/library/session.php on line 12
long story long: I wanted to upgrade so I took the folder I had the website running on (OC) and made a local copy on my computer. I then installed the 2.1 update following instructions and hit errors. Rather than dealing with them, I simply deleted the OC folder from the servers and uploaded the local copy I made assuming it would return everything back to normal. Now I get that message right off the bat. If I try to log into admin, I get a login screen but when I put in the sign in, I get a screen with just this:
Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 39 bytes in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/admin/index.php on line 41

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5 bytes in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/admin/index.php on line 41

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5 bytes in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/admin/index.php on line 41

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/admin/index.php:41) in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/system/library/session.php on line 12Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 8419 bytes in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/system/library/user.php on line 49Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/admin/index.php:41) in /home5/harrypat/public_html/OC/system/library/response.php on line 12

I really don't want to start from scratch, how do I fix this? Also, I'm a complete novice.

ETA: to add insult to injury, doing a complete website restore to yesterday didn't fix anything.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:23 am

Which part did you restore? The files, the database or all of it? I haven't tried to go backwards but I could work with you and see if we can get it figured out.

https://www.evolvewebhost.com
$10.49 .com Registration and $9.99 .com Transfers in now
Guaranteed top level opencart performance and support. Risk free 30 day money back guarantee & free transfers.

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA