Post by distinct » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:40 am

I am looking to upgrade my outdated 1.5.1 to the latest stable version but I do not want to loose my customer data. I could just as easy create an new site on my other server but I have not found a solution to keeping the customer data in sync with the products once switched to the new site so if there is no option to do that I want to upgrade my current 1.5.1 to 1.5.5.x or above. when looking on the download section I notice that the closest version to mine is 1.5.4 could I just upgrade from that and move forward or even a higher version? with that being said I am not too concerned with mods at this time as I will update them and add them when I get updated.

Thanks in advance for any help

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:04 pm

what you can do is to export the database from our old store, and import them to your new store, just right before migrating your new site to replace the old one. There's no extra scripts needed to keep the sites in sync during development

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by distinct » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:30 am

sounds easy... I knew there were database changes between the versions and thats whats making this difficult. Heres what I have tried. I used "Update to version 1.5.6.4 MySQL" extension to get the table to be up to date for the 1.5.6.4 thinking that once this was updated I could just transfer the DB from one to the other but not the case the front end went to a white screen and admin has all the info in it so im guessing that if there were 3rd party mods on the original cart that effected the DB it will throw errors. one that comes to mind that could effect it would be the custom product SEO titles so my next move is to try and remove that as they dont offer an updated version and im going to replace it anyways.

since my only worry is to keep customer data and product data together so customers can still see their old orders and I dont have to ask them to create another password would it be quicker to simply select only user and product tables for the transfer?