Post by SabKo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:13 am

Hello,

I'm trying to get seo url rewriting working in OC 2.0.1.1 on my local computer but this seems to be a real pain. Yes, the option for SEO is checked at my server options and yes I have changed the .htaccess.txt file to .htaccess

I'm working on my laptop with windows 8.1 and use IIS7. IIS7 works with web.config instead of .htaccess...
So at first I tried to install wamp, because it contains the required apache rewrite module. But for some reason I can not start wamp. I installed wamp on port 8080 instead of 80 to avoid conflicts with IIS, I even stopped the IIS sever but no success. Normally they should be able to work together. If anyone has a guideline for installing wamp together with IIS on windows 8 computer, I would be very glad. I tried several things on the internet without success.

Secondly, I tried to install ISAPI-rewrite 3 Lite which is free. It seem to recognize the .htaccess file but when I try to click on a product with a seo text defined, I get error 404. Offcourse also the related category of the product is seo defined. Is ISAPI-rewrite completely compatible with apache rewrite?

As a third step I tried to reconvert the .htacces file for apache to a web.config file for IIS, but I get the message that IIS can not translate the "RewriteBase /" rule. Can I solve this?

So I'm stuck with all options I had in mind. I would be happy if any of the 3 options would work. So any help or reference to a good tutorial would be very appreciated.

And in case I would get option 3 (with a web.config file) running, do I always have to reconvert from .htacces to web.config in case I would buy one of the SEO extensions later?

SabKo

Post by SabKo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:59 am

Problem is solved.

I was able to install wamp server on windows 8.
My error was related to a conflict on the port used for Mysql (port 3306). I got the message that "wampmysld64 was stopped". But I had already installed a Mysql server before for other applications. I changed the port for wampmysqld64 from 3306 to 3308 and everything is working now.

SabKo