Post by SylviaDz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:47 pm

I am not a tech person, so bear with me :)

I've downloaded a website template from Themeforest, and I'm trying to follow installation instructions (below)

but I'm stuck as I don't know where to find the "ROOT INSTALLATION" (see below for instructions) in Opencart
HELP!

Extract the archive you downloaded from Themeforest and locate the Opencart_2.0.x folder. See example
Upload the 4 folders found inside (admin, catalog, image, system) to your OpenCart root installationand merge them with the existing ones.
Access your Opencart Admin and go to Extensions > Modules and install the Journal 2 admin interface.
Proceed to System > Settings > Store and choose journal2 from the Template selector .
Go to Extensions > Modifications and click on the blue Refresh button (top right corner). See example.

Post by rph » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Connect to your website by FTP. The root directory will have:

/admin
/catalog
/image
/system
index.php

If you don't see them look for a directory named /public_html or /www and you should find them inside.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by lemarikita » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:19 am

sorry, but how to connect website by ftp. i have a new opencart website create by someone and now i`m trying to install the facebook like feature. i already downloaded the file, as to follow the instruction i need to paste in the code into the root installation folder before i can select from extension>module. thanks in advance for the help. :)